John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Apparently, the population of Neanderthals in Europe hovered around 50 thousand for half a million years or so - it never grew. Finally, it collapsed. The latest theory is that they were simply subsumed by homo sapiens - i.e. overwhelmed not necessarily by force, but just sucked into the homo sapiens breeding pool. Latest research shows that these cross humanoid couplings in most cases ended up in miscarriages - we were not really meant for each other - and that is another key reason why there's <5% of there DNA in the European population.

Mind you, they looked like scary, ugly *******. Personally, I don't know that I'd bed a Neanderthal female. Maybe that was another reason . . .

We had other human cousins too. The Dali people, Denisovans, "Hobbits", and probably others, spread around the world. People in our modern line left Africa at least once (into the Levant about 125,000 years ago) before the 85,000 years ago exodus that survived to today. Our various cousins are thought to have broken out even earlier.

All good fortune,
Chris

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes, first wave to leave Africa ~100 000 years ago - a bunch of folks stopped off in what is now southern India, and the rest made their way to Australia, with a few stopping off along the way in places like eastern Indonesia. Then there was a massive eruption that wiped out most humans outside of Africa, leaving a very small gene pool. 2nd wave 50000 years later which was the rest of us.

Fascinating story - you can watch the Natgeo show about it - I think its on Youtube somewhere.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
At least for tropical fish, people apparently do leave water sit out for awhile to let any chlorine evaporate.
Way back when, we used to raise tadpoles. We would let the water stand to allow the chlorine to evaporate, but they still died. We could not figure it out. Since someone in that house worked at the health department, she decided to ask the boys at the water dept. what we were doing wrong. "Oh, it's not the chlorine that kills 'em" he said - "it's the ammonia, it doesn't evaporate." She was shocked. "Ammonia?? Aren't you worried about the long term health effects of ammonia in the drinking water?" "Not really", he said, "we are more worried about short term health problems of cholera, dysentery, things like that."

Our answer was: training! We chose beers that seemed, to us, to have very different tastes. Then we practiced identifying those tastes, both sighted and blind. Once you know exactly what to taste for, and once you've trained yourself to taste exactly that, it turns out to be rather easy.

This is exactly the case with audio DBT. Of course, everyone has potentials but the difference between trying (e.g. by training) and not trying is sooo HUGE.

Apparently, the population of Neanderthals in Europe hovered around 50 thousand for half a million years or so - it never grew. Finally, it collapsed. The latest theory is that they were simply subsumed by homo sapiens - i.e. overwhelmed not necessarily by force, but just sucked into the homo sapiens breeding pool. Latest research shows that these cross humanoid couplings in most cases ended up in miscarriages - we were not really meant for each other - and that is another key reason why there's <5% of there DNA in the European population.

Mind you, they looked like scary, ugly *******. Personally, I don't know that I'd bed a Neanderthal female. Maybe that was another reason . . .

Actually the males could sleep with sapiens and no one could really stop them... but what's more important than whether it was consensual or not is what occurs to eggs when they are exposed to lots of male ejaculations. Even when pregnancy does not occur, the eggs tend to contract some DNA. This is why sometimes a person's kids look like their X as much as the father (or more ). This may also explain some other behavior that recent mating trends have had.

BTW I'm confident I could recognize the difference between HFCS soda and cane sugar 100% because I know what I'm looking for, and why HFCS "tricks the brain" as they're the same thing.

I have seen the coke, 7-up and ginger ale test done and everybody failed.

not be able to tell the difference is kinda hard to believe.

Unlike ears, tongue is different. There is that "aftereffect" issue with certain ingredients so that in DBT some period is required between tries.

For foods which tastes already well registered in my memory, I don't need to taste all at the same time (to avoid the "aftereffect"). I just need to taste one of the two to tell what it is. Coke, Pepsi (yes, sweeter than Coke), 7-up, ginger, that's easy (Coke-Pepsi the hardest).

I've seen the beef/pork/lamb test done and many fail.

(1) The flavor of the other cooking ingredients are much stronger than the flavor of the meat itself. So the flavor of the meat is "masked' by the flavor of the cooking ingredients. So? Grilled without additional ingredient? No treatment to remove the strong smell of the lamb?

(2) The meat should be prepared equally (temperature exposure, etc)

(3) The meat should come from cattle of equal age??? This is difficult. The lamb is always young. Younger one will be tenderer and taste better/sweeter.

(4) The meat should come from the same part of the body. But pork will always have more fat between the meat layers so physically easy to differentiate if the other meats contain no fat at all.

Animals that work very hard will develop stronger muscle tissue. Horse has the roughest muscle of any meat I have eaten. Then beef, lamb, pork.

Basically, it is hard to conduct a "controlled" meat blind test :) But in general, lamb/goat, young or old, taste very different than beef. Pork is I think tasteless so difficult to differentiate with beef (unless physical examination is possible).

Joined 2014
Paid Member
male ejaculations. Even when pregnancy does not occur, the eggs tend to contract some DNA. This is why sometimes a person's kids look like their X as much as the father (or more ). This may also explain some other behavior that recent mating trends have had.

Well that goes against everything I have ever read. Any references for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.