John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
e1996ea0c0af0132d64a005056a9545d

I unsubscribed from this thread because of all of the garbage from the "know it alls". OK smarty pants, explain just three simple things to me:

1) Time
2) Space
3) Existence

While you're grappling with that, here are three links to discard because they don't fit your mental model of the world:

The Truth Wears Off - The New Yorker

Placebo Effect Has Risen Among Americans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TerTgDEgUE

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to find that blotter I misplaced...

Thankfully, designing "high-end" audio electronics is much easier than developing antidepressants.

Maybe you should go tell some mechanical engineers they don't understand internal combustion engines because they don't know the origins of the universe.

I always have trouble deciding whether the nonsense from "high-end" manufacturers is purely due to commercial interests or a psychological self-defense mechanism to avoid the painful realization that they are chasing ghosts.

that blotter I misplaced

Anno Domini 2015, any decent psychiatrist will encourage his/her patients to go straight for the alltime wonder-cure Lithium.
Lovely stuff, turns anyone into a dormant vegetable half the day.

That 9 of 10 feels as a veggie outa space during the other half is of little consequence, as unimportant as the once a month blood count.

Nice reading you again, Mr. Hansen.
Amical greeting from the chronic pain front

Last edited:
Charles,

I am afraid you don't understand the purpose of this thread.

John is still basically a barroom brawler. So all those wanna be's and self appointed experts come here to fool theirselves into thinking they are equal challengers. Now as you know to keep things fair John has one arm tied behind his back.

Just enough technical stuff drips in to hide the blood and mess on the floor.

Please try not to confuse folks who can't hear. The din of battle eliminates that skill.

I also don't fit in as I try to find by measurement what I and others hear. I stick around because it is sometimes fun watching the ants scramble for food unaware they are ants.

Pax

Last edited:
Simon7000, that about explains it, but also raises some interesting questions. What would happen if we untied the hand tied to John's back? Wouldn't that strongly indicate to the ants that they are not elepHants as they seem to think they are, but very small ants? Or would tzhat create too much blood and gore on this peaceful site, where rape is only mental, but never physical?

I unsubscribed from this thread because of all of the garbage from the "know it alls". OK smarty pants, explain just three simple things to me:

1) Time
2) Space
3) Existence

While you're grappling with that, here are three links to discard because they don't fit your mental model of the world:

The Truth Wears Off - The New Yorker

Placebo Effect Has Risen Among Americans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TerTgDEgUE

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to find that blotter I misplaced...

I am sorry to see you disconnect, but thank you for your parting gift. All three links are most interesting, but in my mind only give strong arguments to have more, rather than less science; to have more, rather than less rigor in experimental design.

As usual we really aren't on the same page. Science is science. It will be what it is.

Now if you wan't to make your own mysterious cell phone charger, it is not hard. Suspend a magnet in a coil of wire. Due to the base level of vibration everywhere, if you loosely suspend a powerful magnet with a bit of mass inside a high turn count coil you will get a reasonable voltage at a tiny current. The bigger the magnet the greater the current. Shouldn't be hard to scale it up to where you can charge something small.

Now if your issue is with the claimed method, have you tried it yourself? ( :) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.