John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but the simplest explanation is that I don't know what caused the rods to move. The result was accurate.

The crew doing the work seems to think not everyone can do it, but trust their guy.

Ime the rods are controlled as if by some kind of magnetic or electric field.
It takes some practice to get the rods to remain solidly parallel whilst traversing across ground (or floors).
It is as if the rods servo lock to the parallel condition until the desired parameter is found....that could be pipes, water, fault lines, ley lines, etc etc, take your pick.
Once you have the hang of using the rods you can then chuck them away and dowse what you want unaided.
Like I said the rods are merely indicators.
The key to dowsing is to go into a meditative state, exclude every thought from your mind, and sense for changes in local ground radiations/fields.

Dan.

No but the simplest explanation is that I don't know what caused the rods to move. The result was accurate.

The American Dowsing Association is quite open, anyone is invited to join and they will gladly share their knowledge. In the beginning dowsing had nothing to do with water but minerals usually gold, the days of Alchemy you know.

Shouldn't work, do you have evidence of that? What if anyone could be trained to do it and there was a real physical basis, would sort of spoil the fun? Like training dogs to find truffles.

Even the wooden ones?
Have only used telescopic antenna rods on perfect bearings in wooden handles.
Very hard to physically control, but when you get 'servo lock' they just pin straight or diverge, almost violently.
You have to really concentrate on the rods to get the servo lock thing happening.
It could be self training/practice to physically control and damp movements, but maybe this is not the full story.
For now.....

Dan.

Have only used telescopic antenna rods on perfect bearings in wooden handles.
Very hard to physically control, but when you get 'servo lock' they just pin straight or diverge, almost violently.
You have to really concentrate on the rods to get the servo lock thing happening.
It could be self training/practice to physically control and damp movements, but maybe this is not the full story.
For now.....

Dan.

Add some BQP's and he could probably detect nuclear subs....

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
TDA2007A

Reminds me of TDA2002 or 2003 - decades ago:D
The STM TDA2007A was a mainstay of desktop powered speakers for years at Harman Multimedia. Very difficult to stabilize, but once achieved quite decent. I think my favorite product was the JBL-branded Duet, which managed a four-transistor-cell current-steering frequency-dependent limiter.

At one point I worried that STM might stop making the part, so I inquired. The guy's response was that somebody (he sounded derisive) was still buying them in the many hundreds of k quantities. I said Oh that's us! (or our contractors). I think they were down to about 19 cents, not bad for 2 x 6W into 4 ohms.

But that was long ago. The new CEO dismantled the Multimedia group, the only division within the consumer group that was actually making money. Some lucky ones were given the option of keeping their jobs if they moved to China. Now most of them are working for Beats.

Huge, no evidence for that and why 1V? An afternoon with a Quantech will show that.

I have found my note, he said 0.5V. Just so in passing, it was no bragging contest.

Yesterday evening I found evidence that the LT6655 is a bandgap that is as good as the nice buried Zeners. I managed to get rid of some noise over the spectrum, but
below 100 Hz it's hard. Given the larger voltage for the LM399, it's a tie.

10u is the optimum output capacitance. Much less will be unstable, much more
makes ugly noise peaks. With 10u_0805, these peaks are gone and the line
stays below the LM399. The post filter for the blue line was a pair of ADA4896-2
opamps, some Rs and 1000u caps. Nipon Chem. electrolytics or 1000uF
X size tantalums made no visible difference. It still fits on 4 square centimeters.
The npn current booster from the data sheet with BC850 kills noise performance
> 10 KHz, probably PSSR.

I have no idea where the uproar from 100 Hz to 1KHz comes from. Could be
the accu charger.

regards, Gerhard

Attachments

• lt6655.png
    lt6655.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Interesting bear story but I would prefer a good dog. Nothing like a day with a good dog and some birds.

Quite right Wayne.

Before I moved to England from Ireland (when in my mid-30s) I trained English Pointers and Labs (and a few Spaniels), did a lot of game shooting and then suddenly lost interest in shooting. (But I still fly fish - which is why I retired to Scotland! :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.