John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes to assume we are the only intelligent beings in the universe at any time seems rather self indulgent. But the questions of distance and speed are the real questions, we can't imagine anything faster than the speed of light and therein lies the problem of any of us being able to travel to distant galaxies or anyone being able to get here with the ever expanding universe. Black holes and worm holes are interesting in that regard but alas those questions are surely not going to be answered in our lifetimes.

SY apparently saved himself from potential embarrassment by putting the input LED in a closed box, rather than using it as a pilot light as well. IF he had mounted the LED on the case to use it for a dual purpose, I suspect he would have had a strange problem that he could not easily find, given his presumption that LED's do not work both ways simultaneously, and that the diode could not get noisy with a flickering light source nearby.

SY apparently saved himself from potential embarrassment by putting the input LED in a closed box, rather than using it as a pilot light as well. IF he had mounted the LED on the case to use it for a dual purpose, I suspect he would have had a strange problem that he could not easily find, given his presumption that LED's do not work both ways simultaneously, and that the diode could not get noisy with a flickering light source nearby.

Esperado and BigE, here's your stunning example. Ignorance will just propagate.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
If the aliens have visited, they seem to have stayed away since the past few decades since everyone now carries a camera in their phones. Bigfoot and Nessie evidently got the memo, too, haven't heard much from them since camera phones became ubiquitous.

Yes indeed now we must search for ghosts and other invisible things. Even the FAA has removed UFO reporting from the latest FAR/AIM publication.

Supermarkets nowadays are obliged to use price tags with the item rate (large digits) and rate per lb/kg (small digits).

Quite often, week specials are more expensive than the same item in a different size at standard rate. E.g. different size coke bottles.
99 out of 100 fall for the special offer, they don't bother to check the small print.
A part of the 99 can't (head)count, which leaves the (educated) rest.

What's the fruit rate in Can today, me wonders.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member

John, this has been answered. The noise current is orders of magnitude below the forward current.

Let me help you out here: You are attracting the wrong kind of attention with this stuff . . . And not helping yourself.

:)

An interesting analogy for the disparity with any other civilisations out there:
Empire states building with a foot ruler on the top, on top of that a metal coin, on top of that a stamp.
Empire states building to bottom of radio tower, the big bang to the sun appearing
Radio tower, the suns lifetime to date,
the foot ruler, any life on earth,
the coin, mankind being around.
the postage stamp on top, how long we as a species have had radio,

Now take a collection of random tall buildings from around the universe, most will be well well past where we are now, the culture shock if we met them would be extreme.

I am quite content we havent met them.

..... However, I am told the effect is small and probably I was wrong in assuming it to be important in general.

See, you can learn new things: luckythedog. It took me some effort 45 years ago to get it too! That is why it is important to keep an open mind about science and engineering, if you close down too early, you might miss something. Happens all the time, here. '-)

See you can learn new things: John Curl. That is why it is important to keep an open mind about science and engineering, if you close down too early, you might miss something. Happens all the time here ;)

Supermarkets nowadays are obliged to use price tags with the item rate (large digits) and rate per lb/kg (small digits).

Quite often, week specials are more expensive than the same item in a different size at standard rate. E.g. different size coke bottles.
99 out of 100 fall for the special offer, they don't bother to check the small print.
A part of the 99 can't (head)count, which leaves the (educated) rest.

What's the fruit rate in Can today, me wonders.

price of eggs... that's the one just about every one gets screwed by cuz the small print is per item (per egg)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_egg_sizes

So what's the price per oz/gm of egg?:D

(In Canada we get screwed any which way cuz we have marketing boards - politics alert:eek:)

..Note that, at each moment of this spectacle, we both tried to correlate what we were seeing with known phenomena. Despite it was impossible: A plane flying in the middle of Paris, which in-flight is prohibited. An helicopter big like a 747 Boeing, a fireworks that don't follow the laws of inertia and gravity..

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
(c) Men in Black :D

Status
Not open for further replies.