John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
The very few things I can find in the supermarkets, here, are depressing. So far from my habits, and, you know, cooking just for yourself ?
Not to talk about the local cardiologist who decided to make me feel the short rest of my life VERY looooong with its fuc...g diet ! ;-)
A great deal of nutritional advice is rubbish. I hope your cardiologist's is the exception.

Nice metronome there Chris, all they needed was someone in the cab changing the speed of the engine to make it real interesting! Rhythm tractor, what an idea.

Christophe,
exercise and just cutting down on the wrong kinds of fats and wonders can happen with your cholesterol and heart function. Lots of fruits and vegetables and the right carbohydrates and healthy fats such as fish and avocados and olive oil and you can change things around before you know it. Just stay away from some animal fats in excess and all that heavy cream used in French cooking. Cut down on those wonderful cheeses also, yes they taste great but are just saturated fats. You can still have a long and wonderful life if you take care of yourself.

Last edited:
exercise and just cutting down on the wrong kinds of fats and wonders can happen with your cholesterol and heart function. Lots of fruits and vegetables and the right carbohydrates and healthy fats such as fish and avocados and olive oil and you can change things around before you know it. Just stay away from some animal fats in excess and all that heavy cream used in French cooking. Cut down on those wonderful cheeses also, yes they taste great but are just saturated fats. You can still have a long and wonderful life if you take care of yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2fYguIX17Q ;)

That's it Lucky, Cigarettes and cream pie, that does wonders for the heart! We do seem to go in circles though, one year something is bad and the next we are told it is good. I don't think I want to be a true vegetarian but I do eat a lot of vegetables and fruit when it is in season. I've been cutting way back on anything dairy related and now only eat lactose free dairy when I have it. I'll eat meats but in moderation and would rather eat fish as long as it isn't one of the older species full of heavy metals. Now we are told to watch the rice as it contains organic arsenic compounds with even more in the brown rice vs the white. You just can't seem to win it seems.

Nah, none of that American pap

With the dollar as it is the rest of the world is going to have to realize that their Micky D's, Colonel Sanders, Papa Gino's, Burger Kings, Taco Bells, etc. are full of locals not tourists as has been my observation for years.

https://kfc.com.au/kfc-australia/ I'm jealous we don't have the Golden Gaytime Crusher. Rule No. 3?

Just pulling your leg there Max.

Last edited:
Scott,
It is funny when you see a Mexican national eat food at something like Taco Bell for the first time, they have no idea what that food is supposed to be, it is so disconnected from real Mexican food. I head to the local Mexican restaurants that know how to make real Mexican food, so much better and tasty to boot.

Christophe,
I wish you and long and healthy life, you deserve it and just need to take care of yourself. I have no problem cooking for myself. I just have to change my proportions and I can always freeze some of the food for later so I don't have to make something from scratch all the time. I remember when I had college roommates for housemates and they ate cr*p until they started to notice how much better I was eating then they were. It wasn't long before they started to cook better food, I think they were jealous of the food I was eating vs the Pizza and other take out food they were eating. I guess I enjoy the process of cooking and don't find it that hard to do. I really did go and make everyone crepes last night stuffed with chicken and mushrooms and a creamy mushroom sauce. I became the chef while raising four kids, my wife just had no skills in the kitchen, I took over so I could eat well and that is how it had to be. Now my kids are all food critics, it is funny, now they just expect food to be cooked that way, they are not fast food eaters, just occasionally. One kid just moved to Hawaii to learn aeronautics and fly helicopters, he already said something about the food there. He is going to be doing a lot of cooking in the next three years. He watched and learned, now he is on his own.

Scott,
It is funny when you see a Mexican national eat food at something like Taco Bell for the first time, they have no idea what that food is supposed to be, it is so disconnected from real Mexican food. I head to the local Mexican restaurants that know how to make real Mexican food, so much better and tasty to boot.

You could go on forever in east LA, sad thing there is still the fight (even from serious foodies) that mole and seviche are not real Mexican food.

Sorry for all the OT, if someone actually wants to discuss serious engineering of circuits be my guest. Seems to be a crap shoot these days.

Jacco,
In my family 70 is not that old. My mother is 84 and still working and my grandparents and grand Uncles and Aunts all lived into their late 90's, one just one year shy of 100. They all continued to use their minds until they died, it seems to be a family trait to not want to retire and sit around. My father was taken by Hepatitis-C causing liver cancer after having it for more than 45 years, he wasn't around long enough for the current medications. He contracted that from someone else blood in his medical lab when I was very young but continued to work until the end. I guess we don't get to chose our genetics but we surely can make things worse if we don't pay attention or make things better if we do.

Having a fungus in one's nose is extremely odd/rare in a developed country, one would have to be a person with e.g. hiv or from Somalia (or get down on one maybe).

I'm more into wheels and deals.

"developed country"

We got one that came in with some eucalyptus and jumped to a native species (a type of Heath) - goes for the lungs. Gave clean living b-in-law a bad two years - dam near died.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
It is interesting ---- that anyone over 60 is in their last quarter of life and physical changes often give a clue as to what is going to do you in sooner than later. I just learned my kidney is only 30% working. So I guess that might be what does Me in and what to look forward to. But one cant dwell on such things so long as you are still basically functioning. Rather getting your self an End-Game is useful to think about accomplishing as a final goal.

Meanwhile, as a diversion from that last quarter factoid --> there is music and arts and audio gear ---- OT time. Yes. A transfer or download of accumulated knowledge and wisdom in design is always a good thing.

THx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.