John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just stick to my Tabasco. Works every time as advertised. Greek Imiglikos wine too, never mind that it's a drink of the masses, though I do sligfhtly prefer the red wine version. Good Italian prosciutto, quality Dutch cheese goes without saying. You guys go on arguing about Bybee products, I'm off for a snack.

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
US7220439B2 May 22, 2007
The inventor is 'skilled in the art' of ultrasonic cleaners (Charles G. Leonhardt US2994392, US3007478)

George
>Edit See the predecessor of the idea: US2088585 Aug 3 1937
I recall this made the news recently, but I didn't recall a patent being referenced.

The notion that trapped gases (if any) are the principal cause of poor quality is hopelessly naive right out of the gate. I should patent something for removing the carbonation from sparkling wine, marketed as something to use when a party seems just too festive.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Especially amusing "harmful" gasses like alcohol are removed from the wine.

It is strange but in one I read that controlled cavitaion accelerates the water evaporation in favour of spirit evaporation, so concentration of spirit in the beverage is increased after treatment.
There are some hundreds of US patents and more US patent application publications referring to method or apparatus for aging wine or spirits (physical agitation, cavitation through acoustic wave and/or ultrasonic wave, circulation of noble gases) excluding methods based on chemical substance addition.
I’ve looked into some but I have no interest on the subject (and zero knowledge on wines). I've learned a few things though.

I enjoy drinking when with friends (*) and in the rare cases where the conversation focuses on the quality of the liquor for more than a few minutes, I tend to think that the company spirit is low.

George
(*) malt scotch is an exception (man to glass relationship)

Last edited:
You would think that the bottlers would put a Nitrogen gas over the wine to keep it from oxidation but who knows if that would affect the taste?

They do this in the tanks during many stages of the process. And nearly any bottling line with the slightest pretension to quality does a nitrogen sparge of the bottles just before filling.

The question of aging once in the bottle is moot for 95% of the wine made in the world, you just want a reliable seal. Ageable stuff is different in that respect- a "perfect" seal causes problems of its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.