John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuart has mentioned time and again he's not participating on this thread as a moderator.
As a non-moderator, he's entitled to the exact same rights as any other member. Which includes e.g. referring to others as The Fly.

(on the other hand, had I been a mod, I would slam his A in the Sin Bin each time he makes a Jewish pasquinade)

I don't know, likely will have great difficulty parting from my speaker cables with directional Inline Wave Stabilizers (with Magnetic Conduction Technology).

At 10 grand per 6ft pair, undoubtedly a Stealth flight apart from a 3D Holographic power conditioner.
But Hey, it just occured to me that I can use both (and pay a contribution for 2 Bentleys)

I just had to do a search.......:eek:
Magnetic Innovations LLC looks a bit dodgy and a very similar name to a Netherland magnetics company..... The Netherlands companies patents look plausible, the LLC ones!

I just had to do a search.......:eek:
Magnetic Innovations LLC

Look's like a front for patent trolls to me. Though they are the first to bridge medical electronics and audio.

On nits, the directional arrows on the cables are very small to be hard to read. What's more, the CT-1E (enhanced) RCA connector fits the collar of most RCA jacks so tightly that serious force is required to insert it. From this follows that removal can be hazardous to thin sheet-metal housings or board-mounted jacks. The High Fidelity Cables are said to require lengthy burn-in but my loaners had been previously used by the French distributor where I didn't notice any remarkable changes or improvements during my trial period - except for the time required by the dielectric to be fully charged and for the four jumpers which arrived late to break in (those took 2-3 weeks).
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Stuart has mentioned time and again he's not participating on this thread as a moderator.
It is a question of ethic.
We don't allow neither our politicians to cheat with taxes, even if they are not involved in the taxes administration, they too have to be exemplary. (At least in my country)
Even in their private life (remember Dominique Strauss-Kahn ;-)

Again, SY, again, what "Extraordinary claims" were-you talking of ?

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It is one of the problems, here. If you you base only your thoughts on books or common practices, you will never improve anything.

With 'scientist' I meant 'thinking logical and straightforward based on facts'. I see people here turning around in circles for years without making progress, not learning anything despite all the knowledge and experience that is free here, because they lost the ability and curiosity to really study things, and instead rely on 'it feels good'. I make progress by studying things others have thought about and studied. You know, standing on the shoulders of giants.

When somebody like Richard says he can feel a difference between two digital sources (with the same DAC ?), a minimal respect would be to take this for granted,

Do you realize how nonsensical that statement is?
You confuse respect with 'believing without critical thinking'. I have a lot of respect for Richard and for his accomplishments. But if he (or you) says things that make no sense, I say so. I hope I would get respect for that.

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You are, on my point of view, one of the responsible of the unfriendly and aggressive ambiance here.

Funny you would say that, as you are about the only person here continuing personal attacks rather than talking about audio.
Calling someone The Fly is a personal attack. Not having the guts to say who you mean is cowardly. Not things that generally bring a lot of respect.

Jan

Last edited:
Calling someone The Fly is a personal attack. Not having the guts to say who you mean is cowardly. Not things that generally bring a lot of respect.
I was permanently harassed by this guy (you know who and how) since my arrival on the forum in a very respectfulness and aggressive way. At each and every of my posts.
No cowardliness, just private allusion, because the forum is public, posts stay on Google and i don't want, on my side, to act the same way, by throwing discredit on a pseudo.
End about this subject for me.

Wire said:
Crawling
Over your window you think I'm confused
I'm waiting for the divergent wasp
To complete my current ruse
You use a plate-glass screen
To protect my chosen target
But there's an air-pellet hole
I can crawl through to you
I am the fly in the ointment
I can spread more disease than the fleas
Which nibble away at your window display
Yes I am the fly in the ointment
I shake you down to say please as you
Accept the next dose of disease

I am the fly
I am the fly
I am the fly
I am the fly
I am the fly
I am the fly
Fly in the ointment

I am Spartacus
Je suis Charlie

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I was permanently harassed by this guy (you know who and how) since my arrival on the forum in a very respectfulness and aggressive way. At each and every of my posts.
No cowardliness, just private allusion, because the forum is public, posts stay on Google and i don't want, on my side, to act the same way, by throwing discredit on a pseudo.
End about this subject for me.

Excuses, excuses. Nobody forces you to respond to anything. And I don't know who and how. You could complain to the mods. You were doing a cowardly personal attack. Deal with it.

And yes, I now attack you personally - save you the response.

Jan

Ok, if my "Extraordinary claims" was what i said about feedback impedance influence on the closed loop bandwidth, a quick'n dirty simulation on a VFA .
If you agree that 1175/(1175+25000) = 47/(47+1000), you will agree the feedback ratio is the same. And as everything else is unchanged, open loop bandwidth unchanged.
I just edited the two simulations with a picture editor to make-it in a single image easier to read.
Is this not enough for this kindergarten ?
Oh,yes, it is not in your books.

Attachments

• fbimpedance.jpg
    fbimpedance.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 866
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.