John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
For it to work (ie electric vehicles) the refueling issue has to be solved and building s network is going to be expensive. No help from the petro companies on that one!

As long as the batteries do not last many miles/kilometers, I cant see full size cars going anywhere soon. I looked at a Tesla at the local dealer - IIRC it was about 350 miles at freeway speed. Then a long charge time.... that gets me half way to LA and I have to stay overnight with a extention cord out the motel window. Just isnt practcle yet for anything but short trips to the store and back home.... maybe to the office - if you dont get delayed too long in traffic. The attractive part for manufacturers is the potential lower cost to build.... the small electric motors have to be a lot cheaper to make in larger numbers than the gas motor/trans. And, I could carry two of those electric small motors under my arms.... light weight and less materials/parts to make it. Its just those darn batteries.... big, heavy and costly etc.

-RM

''We Change The Performance Of Atoms...."

Watch it in its entirety, particularly the last three minutes; and then comment, if you feel like it, or simply ignore it by just passing by.

=> Tri Planar tonearms, Purist Audio Design Cables, IPC treatments and devices, High End Munich - YouTube
Hmmm.....so copy a wav file to cd, treat the cd, then rip the cd back to a wav file.....and they claim it sounds 'better''.

I think this bloke has been self medicating for too long.

Dan.

It takes 'man-months' to learn a sophisticated piece of test equipment well enough to do something original and exotic with it, and that is what I hope to do. It would be a waste of time and money to attempt less.

Steve Eddy already addressed most of what I was also thinking but seriously?:rolleyes:

That SR-1 is made to do only so much, only what the manufacturer planned for it and the abilities are built in and non changeable. Are you hoping that it's going to help you "prove" something that doesn't follow the laws of physics? It sounds to me that you are searching for a solution to a non existent problem.

If it's taking "man months" to "learn" how to use it to get the "results" you are looking for, then I would question your methods from the beginning. Scientists don't ignore the facts presented to them when in search of a result that they want to happen. Failure to achieve the results you are hoping for just means that what you want isn't real. Messing with a piece of equipment till you see "something" doesn't prove anything unless it's repeatable and can be verified by others.

I do hope that you aren't going about this the way I just described.:confused:

The last time I saw "original and exotic" together was at the seedy strip club.

Last edited:
Work in progress:

Attachments

• 524-1.jpg
    524-1.jpg
    877.9 KB · Views: 181
Problem is to feed a real Dirac impulse into the system.
That pulse has infinite height and happens over a time incidence of Plank Time.
To measure before the big bang whould win the Nobel Price.
So what do we measure when we use a real world intrument ?
A zero distortion amplifier will simply measure the measurement intrument.
At the end of the day we have to pray on the floor of the AD797.

Status
Not open for further replies.