John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
No David, not in the slightest.

Detailing your knowledge and experience is not boasting, and would not be interpreted as such.
So, David, just what is your level of training and experience in electronics in general, and audio electronics ?.

Dan.

Snell XA90ps loudspeaker
By Larry Greenhill • Posted: Jul 8, 1999

Snell's new XA90ps is a four-way, floorstanding loudspeaker with eight drive-units: two 1" tweeters, two 2.5" midranges, two 6.5" lower-midranges, and two 10" active subwoofers. David L. Smith, Snell's engineer and president, designed the speaker. After stints with McIntosh, JBL, KEF, and Meridian, among others, he joined Snell after the company's previous loudspeaker designer, Kevin Voecks, moved to Revel, and owner Peter Lingdorf sold the company to Boston Acoustics.

Good if a subdued midrange and details is your cup of tea ,the bass response is good , coherncy maybe an issue ..

Dan you can Use the bass section in the Maxwagon , looks powerful ..... :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Ok, now we are getting somewhere.
Good review, evidently a good loudspeaker.
15 years is a long time in audio, what have you done since, David ?.

Dan.

Here's some more self-bio.

SMITH RECALLS

David Smith
Home Entertainment Products Engineer at Bose
Current Bose Corporation
Previous Simex/Iwerks, PSB Speakers/ Lenbrook Inc, Snell Acoustics
Education Purdue University

NorthStar, there are at least 2 other links to get the JC info. Unfortunately, Steve Eddy owns the Q-Audio website and he removed it, because it does not further serve his purposes to be there. Go to 'Audio Asylum' "General" to get the links.

And exactly what purpose did it serve me all the years it has been hosted on my server, John?

I hosted it for you simply to be nice. But all I've ever got back from you were personal attacks (like the "does not further serve his purpose" crap above) and been rebuffed on several occasions when I wanted to have a sincere and serious discussion with you.

So when I was reminded the other day that it was still on my server, I decided to do a little housecleaning.

se

And exactly what purpose did it serve me all the years it has been hosted on my server, John?

I hosted it for you simply to be nice. But all I've ever got back from you were personal attacks (like the "does not further serve his purpose" crap above) and been rebuffed on several occasions when I wanted to have a sincere and serious discussion with you.

So when I was reminded the other day that it was still on my server, I decided to do a little housecleaning.

se

I guess the hit count went up today, Seen on a few sites, talk about that SE guy not liking John..

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.