John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
"See Told yah ... "

Your constant carping and AH attacks without making any technical contributions yourself is very revealing.

A pity, as I'm sure you could have a lot to say.

Pauses and waits for "witty"?! reply and some emoticon involving Irish Stout.

Wait, i sense more Irony than a bottle of Ferrol Compound ... :)

I do use BeO in the Thermal electric coolers. Don't want to use it in this particular application. Will PM.

Thanks, CC

Why does it have to be as strong as delrin... ?

canyocruz,
I'm sure that SY will have some answers for you but next time you need some information and he isn't available check the SPI database. There is a lot of materials information in the plastics materials databases for these kinds of applications. You also need to determine if there is a need for impact protection, UV stability and on and on. Delron is tough stuff but not great for heat transfer that is for sure. If you can use a rigid material you'll have more choices.

Case Material

A.Wayne, It for a housing. A cheap 20 Gbit RF to optical converter

I don't know your exact application, but would a hard anodized aluminum case work? They best hard anodizes have a DF of under 0.01%, insulation of 1x10^15, breakdown of >500V, and depending on the sealant used good humidity stability.

Aluminum is CHEAP and has superb thermal conductivity.

Just a thought, although you probably have already considered it...

Howie

Howard Hoyt
CE - WXYC-FM 89.3
UNC Chapel Hill, NC
WXYC Chapel Hill, North Carolina - 89.3 FM
1st on the internet

The extent of damage has to be seen to be believed. Entire villages have been scrubbed from the map, they exist no more. The damage in livestock will force us to import meat rather than export it.
Very sorry your country is going through this, dvv. On the other hand it's marvellous to see how people lift their life game, even if only temporarily, in such situations - gives one optimism for the long term maturing of the human condition.

Regards,

Thanks guys. Yeah I am looking for something other than a metal. The laser transmitter and receivers are not that thermal dependent, meaning no TEC is needed, at least for this application, But some of the FPGA's produce heat. Want to strap it out to a package wall. The package has a 389999 connector on one end,. It extends 2 in behind it with a ribbon hanging out the back. Just looking to reduce cost is possible. Not up on the thermal conducting polymers and I noticed SY is an expert.

That is no PROOF, SY. Just your opinion.

John there is no proof to you. As a professional courtesy academics don’t go about calling each other on the carpet, sort of like doctors and lawyers. MOJH’s math has been shown to be flawed by other professors better versed than he. His physical experiment has been criticized by several others and has been shown as not repeatable by at least two other parties. It’s professional protocol for him to respond. I think the guys claiming faster than light propagation a couple of years ago did, one with his job.

There is more to MH's study than just the Essex Echo article. He mathematically modeled the main problem that he found, on a computer, before he made his electrical measurements. Like DA and Scott's computer simulation, he found correlation between the two. You have to read the long form to get it all.
By the way, I put up his 'conclusions' because he talked about nonlinear effects based on the micro structure of the wire, as well. Everyone here was told that Malcolm would not be so stupid as to print that allegation, so I wanted to show the truth.

There is more to MH's study than just the Essex Echo article. He mathematically modeled the main problem that he found, on a computer, before he made his electrical measurements.

Never heard of GIGO? Stands for Garbage In/Garbage Out. JN has already explained the errors of his assumptions. If he made the model, those same erroneous assumptions would be included in the model.

By the way, I put up his 'conclusions' because he talked about nonlinear effects based on the micro structure of the wire, as well. Everyone here was told that Malcolm would not be so stupid as to print that allegation, so I wanted to show the truth.

Answer me this, John, why has this revolutionary "discovery" of his only been written up in consumer audio magazines? He's not at all shy of publishing in professional journals, yet this revolutionary discovery of his remains unpublished. Even in the materials science journals.

My hunch is he realized his errors and never pursued it any further, knowing he'd never take any professional heat for it if it remained in the consumer audio world.

se

Status
Not open for further replies.