John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess some on this thread are way too educated for this 'simple' audio stuff...
[rant mode on]
Why are you guys keep coming back and keep posting? Don't you have anything better to do? With your 'superiority' you manage to spoil every conversation. :(
[rant mode off]
Best,

There are forums where folks who habitually use objective arguments to question extraordinary claims are banned.

It's all about the rotation

Only a 2'nd year physics text, then point me to the more advanced texts on the same subject please.
I find it challenging to completely understand even what is presented here, especially the Quantum portion, but I guess that everybody finds it easy and obvious. So be it.

When you read the math sideways, it can be a bit obscure, maybe leading to erroneous conclusions... ;)

diyAudio has a unique balance, respect for Science/EE, open debate

several prominent audio forums have general bans on DBT mention, "debate" in place with maybe one permitted "Science" or Tech" subforum - and then those are sometimes ruined by directing posts too weird for even the “naive subjectivist” cable forums to the ghetto "Science" forum

and add insult to injury by burdening the “Science” subforum with “moderation” from the “moderators” that set the DBT ban policy in the 1st place

hitsware,
Care to share where we are missing basic electrical conductivity as it relates here to this subject of audio electronics? Anything at all that would show us that we should not call someone on questionable science or that we are all stuck in some dark ages concepts with regards to anything important.

I think we are all ears for real science and even new unusual concepts if there is even an inkling of truth or curiosity that we can look into. I for one believe that there are things we must be missing in the test protocols that are used to evaluate and relate distortion products and the realistic reproduction of audio signals, but at the same time I could not point you in the direction that holds those secrets.

I have some ideas about the testing related to static testing and the importance of time related studies but this is also a very contentious subject.

OK guys, back to circuits.

I devised a technique to kill ground loop currents back in 2008, never did anything about it...(In fact, the bulk of it is in my gallery, the drawing with the magnetic core driving the loop with a toroidal pickup between amp and pre. Use the pickup to drive the core inverted to zero the loop current.)

George provided me a copy of Coaxial Electrical Circuits for Interference-Free Measurements, Shakil Awan, Bryan Kibble, and Jurgen Schurr, IET, 2010

Here is a copy of page 56:

Anybody game to try this on an unbalanced coax input to an audio amplifier? It's auto-ground loop busting without breaking the conductivity of the loop.

Perhaps a group engineering/build?

Edit: Oh, btw, it needs to have a bandwidth of 20Khz at least...

jn

Attachments

• Coaxial-Electrical-Circuits-fos-S.-Awan-et.-al.-IET-2011-BBS 85.jpg
    Coaxial-Electrical-Circuits-fos-S.-Awan-et.-al.-IET-2011-BBS 85.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
No, I don't. About 30 years ago VDH contacted me in a hallway of an AES or CES and told me about his 'measurement', the test equipment that he had to buy to do it, and what it meant.
I don't sell cable, so why did he tell me?
Two reasons 1. You don't sell or design cables.
2. Felt the need to tell some one who could understand what he thought he had found.
I think it was the CES as I remember being told thing along those lines in the early 80s by VDH also.

So it is proposed that well-established electromagnetic theory and/or our understanding of metallic conductors should be overthrown by a new paradigm arising solely from unsubstantiated anecdotal claims in so-called 'high end' audio?

Shall we also throw out general relativity because some folk cannot believe that an apple and a feather will fall at the same rate in a vacuum?

Status
Not open for further replies.