John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You talking about something extraordinary like this!! just put them on the walls and hear the difference......
Great tip, thanks a lot. 1600 euros for 18 trouser buttons in foam or anything else ?
That is true that kind of things can dump wall reflexions. You just need 1 million more volume of foam :)

About science and secrets, history has told that military had never discovered something that the scientists had not published sooner. Like the atomic bomb.
Military secrets are just about the specific way they apply technology. And those secrets are public a decade after, by habit, like Teflon. Or like computers, where you last PC is more powerful than the Crest machines used in Pentagon (and in the Disney studios:) some decades ago. This for a good reason: the R&D powers are > 90% private, in democratic advanced countries, hired by utilitarians when they want special applications for their needs.
Nothing secret in the methods used to land a robot on mars, just scientific calculations with knowledge available by every scientist, and good technology, issued from collaborative work of many private companies from many countries. Everybody involved in modern technology had, one day or an other, signed a NDA, and know how trivial it was and so quickly obsolete.

Last edited:
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
Possibly. Company spying and National Security spying are not the same thing. excpet when a company is working on something secret for the government. But higher levels are not done by contractors anyway.... we have National Labs for those things. 'Q' level spying will land you in prison for life in some hell-hole in a foreign country and forgotten about. Such a person would not be given a clearance at a serious level and would have been terminated. My clearnace took a year by FBI and CIA -- interviewing old neighbors and employers and school teachers and what your grandparents did for a living... all the places you lived and the like for character as well. One childhood friend I had not seen in many years, later told me 'they' came into his place of work and asked questions about what kind of person I was. I couldnt even find where this long ago person had moved to let alone where he worked. And, then you are monitored. Anyway-- were's the audio in this? Thx-RNM

When this friend stated out loud, at dinner, at a Westwood restaurant, that the only thing classified about the laser was the output power, "which is 1 megawatt", I thought he was being an idiot. But this was before I formulated my intentional propaganda leakage hypothesis.

I dont think most of you have a clue about secret information. ?

We know it's a joke, it resurfaces every year or so. You missed the long discussion about Mr. B getting "special permission" to self deal military secrets only in certain countries. Somehow Singapore is OK. :)

I worked with a guy who used to carry launch codes from ship to ship. He was under orders to not survive capture (he seemed serious).

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
We know it's a joke, it resurfaces every year or so. You missed the long discussion about Mr. B getting "special permission" to self deal military secrets only in certain countries. Somehow Singapore is OK. :)

I worked with a guy who used to carry launch codes from ship to ship. He was under orders to not survive capture (he seemed serious).

Its very hard to get someone to kill themselves.... the old U2 spy plane pilot was under same orders ... but didnt do it. And, rumors ARE started to deceive. [we now have our own polical party's proxy doing it to us] But you are monitored... closer than you'd think. I'll tell just one short story here about being monitored - one of several I experienced myself while holding a Q clearance;
My girl friend wanted to buy another car. I had the money to do so and we went to the lot and she showed me the car.... I had the cash for it in a white envelope in my inside coat pocket. I withdrew the envelope and handed it to her. ETC. Later, I was called to meet in a downtown building after work. In a dim room, I was asked where the money came from. Over and over for a long time. I was asked thru an intermediary. Where did the cash come from? Why didnt I write a check? The question would come from another room and a women asked me and relayed my anwere. this went on for quit awhile. Finally, I guess they thought the money wasnt from spying or ?? And, I never heard anything more about that. True story.

Foot note: If i were you guys, i'd take very seriously the new national security changes to spy on you, the citizens. The capability is now awesome.

Know that saying -- Know thy Self? Well, if you dont or need help, just call the FBI. :)

Last edited:
Jack Bybee phoned me after Maigret, and told me that the 3rd person that we work with, had put some 'stickers' on his phono cartridge with great success. However, another individual in our 'group' tried essentially the same thing with his phono cartridge, and did NOT get success. There are many 'hi end tweaks' that I know about, but do not follow up on. If I found success, many here would just call me a liar or a fool, and unless someone gives me a free sample, I can't really afford them anyway. However, my associates are often much better funded, and they just love to play with things like this with their $ 100,000 to $1 million dollar systems.

Jack Bybee phoned me after Maigret, and told me that the 3rd person that we work with, had put some 'stickers' on his phono cartridge with great success. However, another individual in our 'group' tried essentially the same thing with his phono cartridge, and did NOT get success. There are many 'hi end tweaks' that I know about, but do not follow up on. If I found success, many here would just call me a liar or a fool, and unless someone gives me a free sample, I can't really afford them anyway. However, my associates are often much better funded, and they just love to play with things like this with their $ 100,000 to $1 million dollar systems.

John what are quantum purifiers and why would you need one .... :confused:

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
We used to use CRAY computers around here, up at the Rad Lab, and probably LLL. What about it, Richard? Cool looking machine, sort of a 'balls to the wall' effort, like the CTC Blowtorch.

LLNL keeps up with the best of everything... including computer science. yes, used a Cray like the one shown... I saw it thru a glass window when they were up and running... several in a row. But today its a different brand... see LLNL.gov for the latest and fastest on the planet and where /who has it. Things change fast in that field. -RNM

Christophe,
You talking about something extraordinary like this!!
RFA7800SoldOut.jpg

The exact date is april 1st, 2013

Gerhard

Status
Not open for further replies.