And what did we buy today?

I have soon completed (debugging left) a MFOS Noise Toaster for my gardson and decided to build one for a granddaughter so looking for a bare PCB at the website of MFOS made me disappointed. I also anted to try out the Echo Rockit, but again no PCB in the shop.

However there's a synth company or forum selling the PCBs so I ordered one of each.

music from outer space

looking for a bare PCB at the website of MFOS made me disappointed.

As you may know Ray Wilson, the man behind MFOS passed away a couple of years ago. I got my MFOS boards from Ray about 4 years ago. He stated that front panels would be available "shortly" but that never happened.

Synthcube acquired the rights to the MFOS product line about a year ago and continues to supply boards and some of the parts. The front panel and complete kit supply remains spotty but is improving.

I have Ultimate and Ultimate Expander boards populated and mostly functional with the jacks, pots, and switches hanging from the wires. The Ultimate Expander panel is now available. It wasn't there last time I ordered parts from Synthcube. Maybe the Ultimate panel will show up and I can add these two to my analog collection.

I love making noiuse, but can only make a few tunes on a simple wooden flute. However I am sanding a Staropramen (I cannot call it Stratoocaster, can I?) electric guitar body and trying out ways to dye it.
I built the original SoundLab, but still have lots to do. I also have the Soundlab Mk2 and have just made me a cabinet.
The Noise Toaster seems to be a great thing for kids and the Rockit a great thing for moffa (grand dad in Swedish).

For the smaller units I have made the panels myself, printing the layout on a piece of paper and using spray glue, glued the paper on the panel (2mm alu) and covered it in a few layers of clear varnish.

I am happy that Ray managed to invent so much useful and fun stuff and that so easily can be assembled. No hard-to-find components from obscure producers, but very much off-the-shelf stuff.