And what did we buy today?

The other day on the way to the local lunch bar I passed a newly vacated industrial unit with a table out the front marked 'FREE'.
Of course I stopped to take a look and ended up with a serious 18V AEG drill/hammer drill charger and six batteries, circular saw, jigsaw, nibbler, stick welder and mask, and a Hitachi version of your new tool....weighed my car down lol.
HIGHLY praised and HIGHLY recommended! I can now take a tyre off my car, a brake caliper, in under 10 minutes and reassemble it all in the same amount of time. Even the car screw jack has a 18mm nut on it that I can use the cordless wrench with! The car jacks up in less than 30 seconds!
My thoughts exactly the instant I spied the impact driver on the table.....now I have no excuses.

The drill has been handy already for some bigger jobs.
My day job nowadays is 'service manager' ie repairs/maintenance tech for a large stage lighting company.
The welding mask has been useful for inspecting light paths in stage moving lights....the brightness and UV is intense.

Dan.

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Jim

I have Close to the Edge and some of his King Crimson remixes (Red). He does a great job but for me music is a stereo thing. I was planning a trip to Amazon to get Tales from Topographic Oceans, Relayer and his latest solo work. I have pretty much all of his solo stuff plus most of Porcupine Tree...I am a bit of a fan boy I think...:eek:

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
A Ryobi ONE+ 18v circular saw. Ryobi One+ 18V 165mm Circular Saw | Bunnings Warehouse

Had to cut some timber for use as new bed slats as I kept on breaking my old ones. Now I've put all of the original bed slats up where my back and bottom sits on the mattress and I've replaced all the ones that aren't usually underneath my back or bottom when I sit up in bed with new slats made from 19mm thick fencing wood.

They are a little too thick and don't bend as easily as the original slats did so its not as comfortable but I'm using the original slats all bunched up together on one end of my bed so it doesn't really matter.

The "ultra thin kerf blade" cuts like a dream, cuts like a laser would. Perfectly flat edges.

I'm really loving this ONE+ 18v battery system. One battery for all of Ryobi's portable tools really lowers the cost for pretty much all of their tools and focuses on improving the quality of each tool skin.

Last edited:
Bought virtually all the Yes LPs cheap in the early 90s' at car boots - mint or NM. Spent a couple of weeks looking up on discogs and Ebay my 1000 + collection. Can't believe what some of them are worth now or how much it would cost to insure them - tricky insurance companies - love to take the premiums but don't like paying out.

Today I bought on discogs Joni Mitchell's Hejira 180g RE - can't believe just how fresh and real 'she still is. PPP - Bustin Out (played the original to death). Don't know why but never got around to buying A Saucerful of Secrets or Atom Heart Mother, so bought those RE. The Floyd led the way on so much but just couldn't get into The Wall, so only played it 3 times from new - NM / 1st pressing - the price :eek:

Just ordered this Stanley rachet where you twist the handle to screw/unscrew the bolt.
It's one of the most brilliant tools I have seen. So often I don't have enough space to get that extra click to get a new grip on a bolt, with this one you just have to twist the handle a bit to get a new grip. :)
YouTube