And what did we buy today?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
;)

considering my location - I'm happy camper , in fact ;

having my RCA's ,2 pairs of 811B's , "Zilch" JBL EWG's ...... besides numerous German and not German cinema drivers ...... heh - even one Tesla ARO932 ;)

but - that's my nature - my palms are sweating every time I see those , even on screen ....

interesting - one of my fellows made direct comparison between JBL WG and 811B , using Selenium D220Ti ..... he sez that he enjoyed both ...

CL find

Last week on craigslist I found a bassoon, broken, $150. I've been looking for one for 42 years, since I graduated from high school. There used to be 6 manufacturers, now there are two- and Heckel is charging $25000 for new ones. This is a Conn, made probably in Pennsylvania before the 1962 closure of that plant. Couple of bent keys, the bocal is missing entirely. I'm a bit of a metal worker, I wonder if I can make a mandrel to expand brass tubing into a 5mmx14mmx1700mm shape? I made All-State Band in 1968, I wonder if I can tighten my lips enough anymore to even make it sound?

Not bought, but rescued a Crown mt1200 and a Onkyo M-504 from the dumpster today. The Onkyo needs some love on one channel. The crown has a noisy fan-former and that's it! Let a bunch of Denon CD cart machines and cd/tape combo units go. If anyone wants them let me know, maybe they'll still be there in the morning.

CX2310 XO's for the Altec 604's and 14 XLR to RCA adapters to make 'em work.

Attachments

• IMG_8573.jpg
    IMG_8573.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 354
Ok, it wasn't today, it's been over the last week, but here's the list of the latest:

Klipsch Promedia 5.1. Blown power supply and no controller, but for $30 who cares. I might sell the satellites to a friend, and mod the amp with a new PS.

Logitech X-530 system. Nothing special, but hey it's $20, so it should be good for the PC.

Zenith MC7030 receiver, early 80's, analog tuner, all discreet amp section. Impressive for the brand and the era. $10.

4-ch Pioneer power amp, part of a system. Designed to use a mating preamp, but who cares. Funny thing, I expected chipamps of some sort. Nope, it's discreet! $25

A pair of Insignia NXT speakers $3. Never heard any NXT stuff, so for $3 it seems like I can't go wrong.

And now for the cool ones:

Sansui 8080 receiver, $25. I haven't done any testing on this one yet, but if it works, what a deal!

Cambridge Audio Azur 540R, $60. No remote and some scuffs and dings, but I did some quick tests. It powers up and the the DC offset on the outputs was below 70mV, so it looks good at this point. Now I need to give it a listening test to see how it goes.

Peace,

Dave

Local christian radio station had a garage sale to buy some spectrum for the next few years (I would have thought they could have come to an arrangement with the original provider but apparently the govt disagrees...)
Yammy SPX90 $10 (worked 100% once I sprayed the input gain pot)
ARX Quadcomp 4 channel compressor $10
Box of revox spares including several unused record & repro heads $20
AKG D202 Mic $25
Big box of unused 4PDT pushbutton Schadow switches with winking catseye buttons $5
Looked long and hard at some Otari 5050s on trolleys (almost free to a good home) but decided against them on workshop real estate grounds.
M

MMMMMMM mobyd, me thinks you scored some nice items. I would have grabbed at least one of the Otari's but I have a soft spot for that sort of thing.
I scored an Epicure M4 preamp yesterday at the local Goodwill. After the requisite sales tax it cost a grand total of $10.69 US dollars. Haven't tested yet, but who cares. It's worth that much if it doesn't work!

Peace,

Dave

Been a long time and bought not that much in the past year(s) ;)
Some more philips cd players and other small stuff but as nowadays
I'm into cars a lot more audio has taken a back seat (pun intended) .

I rented a small workplace, put in a lift and bought a lot of tools and
stuff so now instead of getting my fingers burnt on a soldering iron
I do it on exhausts ;) Busy on converting a Peugeot 405 Mi16 to a
ringtool as we plan to do a long weekend of fast driving in June...

PEUGEOT 405 Mi16 | car specs | octane

Nürburgring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow. Something over $2 a bottle here.

mint flavor.

these were at a closeout store.

BigLots.com - Hot Deals and Weekly Specials on National Name Brands

just in case you need one -

http://www.biglots.com/browseDepartmentItem/electronics/2386

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

$19.99US -

impulse buy.

plugged in and playing when i got to the goodwill store.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited: