And what did we buy today?

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Get one you won't be sorry !!! :D

What really sold it for me was that they are sticking to the 65w tdp and you still have the option of going down to 45w tdp, that kind of performance at that tdp range is really impressive and shows that a cpu is very efficient at what it does.

I really hate intel now permanently now that they have flooded the market with an endless array of super expensive CPUs for the last 12 years that have thrown our wallets against the wall and pilfered them for every last dime just for a thousand points in performance increase here or there.

I also hope that this is the very last time that we ever see the $1,000 cpu. I hope that from in on out we get CPUs which can provide 90-95% of the performance of the highest end CPUs for only $199.95.

I also hope that intel and AMD both stop the whole "upgrade the motherboard every year" bull. It used to be that a motherboard would last you at least 5 years of CPU upgrades.

All of the motherboard manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves for polluting the planet so much with their very poor quality and poorly engineered and poorly thought out and poorly laid out motherboards that only last 1 year, even Gigabyte should be ashamed of themselves the way that they create such rubbish quality motherboards. The last quality motherboard that I saw from Gigabyte was the P35-DS3R on LGA775. That motherboard still works to this day!

Unlike every single other motherboard that I've bought in the last 5 years from Gigabyte and ASUS for LGA1155 and LGA1151, all of which are dead and I'm still stuck on one that has been RMA'ed 3 times and it still locks up solid to this day, I've just been putting up with it while I work on building my new pc.

The most reliable motherboard that I've owned in the last 5 years for LGA1155 has been an Intel branded one!

For shame on the "ultra durable" label, its a rubbish marketing ploy that means nothing now and it just goes to show you how much of the motherboard product has been strangled to death by the bean counters over the last 10 years when ASROCK is the best quality and most well built motherboard out there!

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
CT51264BD160B.C16FN2

4GB RAM, $38.

(I remember joy when 64K RAM came down to that price.)

Attachments

• 240-pindimmddr3.png
    240-pindimmddr3.png
    184.4 KB · Views: 156
I considered a 600W mixer, but it can't do 6 loaves of Raisen bread at a time so I'm still stuck with hand kneading it.

Amazon.com: KitchenAid KP26M1XNP 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer - Nickel Pearl: Electric Stand Mixers: Kitchen & Dining

Those are great. We own 2, but 1's a spare. My mother in law's tough on them, she owned and ran a bakery franchise in China.

I bought some workout tee's and shorts on Amazon. Great deals on Prime Day, have not sussed them all out yet.

Nigel, Pano, Mr Zenith,
I was off the radar for the last few days, drove up to NE Philly to the router bit store:

MLCS Router Bits and Woodworking Products

Router Bits, Woodworking Supplies, Woodworking Tools - EagleAmerica.com

Picked up a selection of router bits, cutters and a lot of other cool stuff.
Great bunch of guys there, all very helpful -- highly recommended.

To add to the list below, keep the pitch off of the cutters also and If you do sharpen them, go easy, no need to grind them down to a stub, but that said replacement cutters are easy to find these days.

There are tons of used drill press machines out there, Craigs or other places.

Doug

Can't speak for ODougbo, but I've personally had excellent results with both wood and aluminum using flycutters (as they're usually called). They can be extremely dangerous if used improperly, however.

The keys to success - and safety - are to:

1. Only use these in a drill press, and make certain the blade is sharp.
  2. Clamp the workpiece securely to the press table, using a sacrificial surface underneath.
  3. Make certain that all adjustment screws are secure before tightening the chuck.
  4. Use a press speed (rpm) appropriate to the material you're cutting.
  5. Feed the cutting blade slooooooowly into the workpiece. Let the blade do all the cutting.
It does take skill, but with a little practice you can achieve excellent results - and without sawing your arm off (it happens)....

Yesterday and today, Amazon baits us with "Prime Day" where there are some deals and a lot of junk.

After filling up an empty 480 GB SSD with over 50,000 pictures on my recent Florida trip, I took the bait on a 1TB Sandisk SSD for $149 last night. I plug them into a USB adapter and use them as fast USB flash drives.

I have a 200 GB SD card in the camera which needs to be emptied every couple of days. I am taking long sequences of images spaced every second for assembly into time lapse videos for Youtube.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...paint.... Odd names the different hues have: "dystropic doghairs", or "dying prophet" ....

I don't know Swedish. In American, paint often has food-theme names.

Grandma's Cherry Pie, Bordeaux, Crushed Red Pepper, Red Cayenne, Dark Truffle. Shrimp, Poached Salmon, Apricot Jam, Toasted Apricot, Apricot Honey, Peach Butter, Simply Peach, Peach Taffy, Peach Smoothie, Peach Tea, Lemon Sorbet, Yellow Mustard, Lemon Butter, Pineapple Cream, Lemon Curd, Limoncello, Tangy Lemon, Butter Cookie, Buttered Popcorn, Buttered Scone, Buttered Toffee, Crushed Oregano, Spinach, Pesto, Parsley Sprig, Celery, Zesty Dill, Mint, Sage, Lemongrass, Lettuce, Bayleaf, Tarragon, Jalapeno Jelly....
Foodie Names for Paint Colors - The Red Sink Supper Club

I need a snack.....