And what did we buy today?

You know Tony,
There is a lot of Black Friday out here on the coast. They start around Wednesday and end today. The big stores open early or open late and stay open late to offset the times that people are able to shop and not miss out on the great deals.

Red Thursday was the big day for me. Spent over $500 on 'stuff' that maybe wasn't necessary but how could I say no? :)

Just bought a 2 part epoxy garage floor kit for our new house. A little worried about it though, bought it open box unused private sale, but the sellers story sounded real.

Yesterday I bought some dark columbian k-cups and a 2L hydration pack. 2L sounds small for someone my size but I have never had one before so unsure as to what need or want.

EDIT: just remembered I bought some 5,000lb ratchet hold downs specifically for my dirt bike but generally for my outrageously over-upgraded utility trailer.

Last edited:
20kW diesel heater. Best investment ever. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20171127_133628.jpg
    IMG_20171127_133628.jpg
    660.4 KB · Views: 166
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Can the newer TVs play an NTSC disc down under without hassle, one hopes?

Yep all tv sets from the late 90s onwards can do NTSC/PAL, only cheap and nasty stuff from the early 90s cannot do NTSC. Not all LD players can play both NTSC/PAL though. The cheapest way to do that is to simply get another LD player for PAL or for NTSC.

There were a lot of people into watching satellite tv in australia, and analog/digital satellite tv comes as it is transmitted from the foreign country so people in general here were pretty savvy with the multiple tv standards even from the 90s upwards.

As for new sets, yep, I've never seen one that cannot do NTSC. Even the cheapest plasma or LCD stuff.

But I buy PAL based upon principle, I want the higher resolution. which isn't easy considering quite a lot of PAL LDs were simply converted over from their NTSC counterparts before pressing. But I do get a substantial amount which are of great quality.

It is always a good idea to buy LDs in bulk, cheaper overall.

Last edited: