And what did we buy today?

That really will be the test phase.

I have to figure out what to do with the headlight covers on a new to me car (2007 Toyota Matrix) as they get hazy really quickly. If they make after market glass ones, that might be the right answer.

-Chris
Clean then up and then hit them with a quality clear coat. That works. Here's a video on the process.

YouTube

Two VTA M-125 monoblock kits
60 feet of landscape edging
40 pieces of sq ft bluegrass sod
4 LED landscape lights
Upgrade board for the Yakin phone stage
Extremely overpriced comforter and sheet set (her birthday)
Extremely overpriced necklace (Vera wang.. more birthday)

... pondering if I should buy (needed) milk today, or go without until the shock of the above expenses numbs a bit.

That really will be the test phase.

I have to figure out what to do with the headlight covers on a new to me car (2007 Toyota Matrix) as they get hazy really quickly. If they make after market glass ones, that might be the right answer.

-Chris

I took care of that at my buddy’s shop a couple years ago. There’s a plastic polishing regimen that will square that away for years to come. No need to dismantle those lights, or live with a lack of proper lighting. There are kits that include pads that attach to a drill motor, different polishing compound.

Gotta try the aquapel product on your windshield too, amazing stuff, not for plastic though.

My 2009 corolla is holding up pretty good luckily with a little care and attention.

Today’s purchases will be a couple tickets for entrance to the local swimming pool, is around 90 here.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi ubergeeknz,
Many thanks! I've never owned a car where this type of problem occurs.

Well, my wife found microwave ovens on sale. We needed one for a while, so we bought one. List on these was $700 and change. Price today, in original factory box, $194.00. They even had our colour (black)! Tomorrow is installation day.

-Chris

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
1-1/2" TwistIIClean Inline Water Filter on Amazon
TwistIIClean website

We get dirt in the well. Well-cap was frost-heaved and in re-setting it I got a good glump of dirt down the well. Quickly clogged my first-pass screen, weak/no water in the house.

Aside from re-setting the well cap and filling with a peaty mix instead of clay, I ordered this BIG water screen. My main plumbing is actually 3/4" so I also ordered fittings to cover the 4:1 difference in pipe-area. I ordered over-over-size (I don't have 10GPM and this is rated 59GPM) for longer cleaning intervals.

I have the conventional "spin-down" screen. Open a valve and it washed the outside of the screen. I've worked-out most of the sand and silt in the well and now I am getting mud-balls (clay). Which won't rinse easy. The trick in the TwistIIClean is that it reverse-flows the screen and blows the mud off. I have one I found in clean-up, it looks a good idea, but it was in the trash for some reason (perhaps ignorance) and not as big as I think my mud is.

Attachments

• 51VoUwSOQSL._SL1000_.jpg
    51VoUwSOQSL._SL1000_.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 202
For the few of us who have been building music synthesizers, Synthcube is running one of their random 15% off everything sales. It's not valid on the TTSH (2600 clone) and 1601 sequencer kit. The code is SUM1915. The fine print:

In order to apply the discount, you must be logged in to your customer account. Otherwise you will receive a 'coupon code invalid' error message
Sale valid 8/4/2019 thru 11:59PM EDT 8/7/2019
If you have any difficulty or questions please reach out to us via email!
Discount not applicable to prior orders, existing orders awaiting fulfillment, special orders, special requests, dream daisies, purple cows or acorns.

No purchase yet, but I will probably wind up with some more parts and maybe another eurorack module kit, even though I haven't built all of the kits I bought last time though.

Note that I have no relationship with Synthcube, it's just one of a few places I buy synth parts from.

synthCube - synthesizer DIY, modular synth, eurorack, full kits, components and PCBs

I have been using the Teensy series of tiny SBC's for many of my digital projects including two of my digital music synths. Their Teensy 3.6 runs an ARM Cortex M4 at 120 MHz.

The new Teensy 4.0 runs a Cortex M7 at 600 MHz. This provides a 5 X speed boost and provides several other enhancements that will speed up math and other memory intensive applications. That board went live today, so I just had to get some.......it took over an hour to order them. Their website is swamped right now.

I can see a new digital / analog hybrid synth project in my future....and maybe a board upgrade in my older synths to improve polyphony.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy-4-0/