And what did we buy today?

Nice I didn't know that they did a battery one. I spent hours trying to get a flywheel nut off with a traditional impact driver (hitting it with a four pound hammer) and got nowhere. My girlfriend at the time went to the local hire shop and hired an electric rattle gun (I didn't know such a thing even existed, I'd only seen the compressed air variety) she just came to the garage and said try this..... It still took about 10 minutes but it came off :)

Tony.

The battery driven ones are great. I use a 18V bosch at work that's rated to 200nm. I use it on everything from m6 to m16. It has a nice balance between power and control so that you can gently tighten small bolts without breaking them.

I have used it a little when working on my car, but it's often a little to large to reach in those awkard positions.

I hope that the 12v version will be better for those tight spaces. It's only rated to 115nm so it may struggle with seized bolts and wheel lugs. But I think it will come in handy in many situations.

I also have an air powered in my garage, but the hose is always in my way, so I only use it to remove wheels.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Attachments

• 20190720_133508.jpg
    20190720_133508.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 99
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Niiiiiiice! Now get it the hell away from the tree so she doesn't lose her sheen too quickly.

Congrats again. How many bells, how many whistles?

When I got the Edge in 2018 it was time to treat myself to things I didn't even know existed on cars. Semi-autonomous driver can be be pretty cool and rather unnerving the first few times but what a blast once your comfort level increases. So many other things as well.

Cheers to ya! :cheers:

Last edited:
Lane change monitoring and correction, distance to the next driver control (I wish it worked against people on my A$$), rear collision avoidance, lots of neat technology.

Mostly I like the rear view camera for backing up.

The trees beat parking in the sun in 90+ degree weather.

In the fall and spring I will have to compromise.

Last edited:
Cambridge Audio DacMagic
optical/coax, USB in; RCA, XLR audio out
$20, in near mint condition, from a yard sale in a very nice part of town. Enough inputs for two computers plus a Chromecast Audio.

Yesterday, a LiitoKala Lii-500 battery charger/tester arrived (bought from Banggood.com ); it can charge or discharge (to test capacity) up to 4 cells (lithium or nickel) at a time.

And, a while back at a swap meet, a "Kill A Watt EZ" (measures power consumption of appliances, displays watts, VA, line voltage, frequency, power factor), and a "Hastings DE1000 DC" clamp-on ammeter/ohmmeter/voltmeter; think I paid $2 for both. Both appear to work, but the "hold" button on the ammeter is busted and the LCD has a blotch.