Audiophiler capacitors on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good point - the amp I was testing was one of his linestages. Quite a simple, yet decent design. Problem with a simple design is that the passive components are of key importance. Certainly I was happy to swap these "audiophiler" caps for something a little more expensive. But you wouldn't want to spend more than 10% of the cost of an amp on capacitors, right?

unfortunately, your brain is not so good like a tape recorder at playing back music...
it never interpret the same event in the same vein twice in a row...
there are factors that interplay....like expectations, positive or negative...
state of physical well being......moods.....you know...

so i would just enjoy each event best i can...

Good point...the only presumption being that the listener has a brain. In the case of yours truly...that's disputable :rolleyes:

every person alive have a brain, the only question is how is your brain lying to you compared to mine.....

that is why when someone says in the forum, i heard this, i heard that, i take it as entertainment, no probative value to me whatsoever....

every person alive have a brain, the only question is how is your brain lying to you compared to mine.....

that is why when someone says in the forum, i heard this, i heard that, i take it as entertainment, no probative value to me whatsoever....

Fair point, though one must always remember there is little value in either being completely objective or entirely subjective. One is science, the other is a dark art - everyone has to strike a happy medium, usually a combination of budget and auditory aesthetics....

Fair point, though one must always remember there is little value in either being completely objective or entirely subjective. One is science, the other is a dark art - everyone has to strike a happy medium, usually a combination of budget and auditory aesthetics....

yes, i agree, i am one diy'er who does not rely heavily on caps in my build, i would like to avoid them where i can, and i f i can not, i chose technology instead of brands....

if i can hear a difference, i will not go around telling folks in forums, my hearing any differences are not a proof of anything as far as i am concerned....:D

Recently swapping out 4 1uF Audiophiler Caps for Obligatory Golds in a Little Bear Line Amp.

Maybe circuit suitability or some other reason, but in my subjective opinion so far I have found the Thicker Darker sound of the Upgrade Capacitor have changed the sound for the worse.

Before changing out I was very impressed with the ability of the preamp to convey space, timbre and definition, since replacing sound is definitely fuller and richer but articulation as disappeared and the enthusiasm I had for pulling out long lost gems to rediscovered from my music collection as gone.

Still persevering with Oblis for the time being, but as I presume the Audiophilers were as new when I first started using preamp, not sure persevering with burn in period(40 hrs so far) will improve sound.

Purely my subjective opinion.

I bought 4 of those Audiophiler's and, after months of trials, I find Wima MKP 10, similar price range, sounds better.

BTW I was reading thread all the way from first post and I must say that I really like comparisons like Audiophiler $2 and xxx $30 cap where second sound better. NO SHT! Really? Its price is 20 times the first, how odd is that it sounds better?

If you are about to compare, compare same type caps with similar price tag. Any comparison between something that cost 1 and something that cost 20 times more is, at least, stupid. Like a car for $10k and $200k where that for $200k is much much better. Really?

Audiophiler did good with red color and gold letters with "AUDIO" inscription, but, although it is MKP (at least its written there:) its not that good for high end audio.

There is one simple rule - cheap parts are never good, but expensive can be bad.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.