South Africa - Cape Town - Help Wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I know we have members on the forum from South Africa. I hope you can help with some information.

I have the chance of a job based in Cape Town. It is many years (1978) since I was last there so it has changed, for sure.

How safe is Cape Town?
Are there areas to avoid during the day / night?
What are the better areas for housing?
How expensive are houses?
What is the cost of living like?
What is inflation like?

etc, etc, etc

Any info or websites appreciated.

thanks
Andy

Hi Andy

Sorry I missed your post.

Short answer: it depends... on your lifestyle, income group, travel routes. For instance: travelling to work, shopping, visiting friends & family and most other areas I frequent I don't pass through any crime hotspots. But if you're a night crawler or a person who likes to "mix it up", you expose yourself to the riskier elements. I guess the same rules apply here that apply over there.

It's now many weeks down the line... did you take the job? If you still need some info, I don't have any sites to recommend, except to invite you to join us at www.AVforums.co.za. If you post this question there, you could get some alternative opinions.

Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.