My thoughts. And nothing else.

Nice thoughts, thank you
Yesterday was our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary.
Well, what was this quarter of a century?
There was good, was bad as well.
So just the usual.
Actually, I do not miss it, just one thing.
But he is missing a lot. My son.
He could not wait, but done.

Last edited:
Hi Gyuri
I read your thread with tears in my eyes.
I know the suffering.

My Father died when I was seven.
I also lost a Sister.
My Mom, suffered polio as a child, now she has cancer, and we had to place her in a nursing home, because we can not take care of her properly.
I know the suffering.

My Dad, when he looked the little picture, said: "That's my Son"
It comforts me to think that from time to time, he looks at the little picture, and goes on saying the same.

It is my hope that your Son look at the little picture and say: "That's my Dad"

Sincerely
Juan

Attachments

• Imagen 001.jpg
    Imagen 001.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 107
Hello Juan,

I say thank you for your kind words.
I read this sad news now:
Gabriel García Márquez's writing career ended by dementia | Books | The Observer

"Jaime García Márquez, who heads the Ibero-American New Journalism Foundation, founded by Gabo in 1994 in Cartagena, said it was regrettable that his brother was not in a condition to write the second part of his autobiography, Living to Tell the Tale.

"Unfortunately, I don't think that'll be possible, but I hope I'm wrong," he said."

What a pity.

Hi Gyuri
Not for me to give you advice, but the bad news is big business, try to avoid them.
Besides, who can know how it feels Gabriel Garcia Marquez?
Maybe he feels happy, and us who are sad for him...

I've noticed that you have a good sense of humor, I invite you to contribute something in my thread

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/213901-silly-questions-answers.html

I know it's easy to say, but please, make an effort to get out of the hole.
You have a wife and daughter who need from you.
Being well is a debt you have with them.

Best regards
Juan

Hi Gyuri
Not for me to give you advice, but the bad news is big business, try to avoid them.
Besides, who can know how it feels Gabriel Garcia Marquez?
Maybe he feels happy, and us who are sad for him...

I regret the readers, really. We will never know the sequel.
You know this is a bit like the fact that I do not tape-recorded the stories of my grandfather. Was an excellent storyteller, with great stories.
And this has gone, don't retraceable anymore.

I've noticed that you have a good sense of humor, I invite you to contribute something in my thread

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/213901-silly-questions-answers.html

I have found this earlier.:D

I know it's easy to say, but please, make an effort to get out of the hole.
You have a wife and daughter who need from you.
Being well is a debt you have with them.

Best regards

Juan

This I know.
But it's a black hole, you know, and will not let to go.

Sincerely,

Gyuri

Hello Juan,

I say thank you for your kind words.
I read this sad news now:
Gabriel García Márquez's writing career ended by dementia | Books | The Observer

"Jaime García Márquez, who heads the Ibero-American New Journalism Foundation, founded by Gabo in 1994 in Cartagena, said it was regrettable that his brother was not in a condition to write the second part of his autobiography, Living to Tell the Tale.

"Unfortunately, I don't think that'll be possible, but I hope I'm wrong," he said."

What a pity.

I have not read any of the other parts of this thread yet. But after reading the post above I have to pass along some information that might be critically important:

I hope that someone will realize that they should test him for NPH (Normal Pressure Hydrocephalis). NPH is treatable.

It is estimated that up to 5% of those who are thought to have Alzheimer's actually have NPH instead and could have been saved, and basically cured, but no one usually checks for the NPH. Such a tragedy!

My Dad had NPH. We thought that maybe he had both Alzheimer's AND Parkinson's. He had dementia, which was quite bad. But, also, his legs hurt, and within a few months he could only shuffle his feet along the floor, about six inches at a time, when walking.

He was about 78 years old when the symptoms suddenly became more apparent, over maybe a two-to-four-month period of time (although, thinking back, some minor dementia had been getting slowly worse for at least several years). At first, no one could even diagnose anything. Finally The Mayo Clinic did. Then, every doctor said that installing a shunt to relieve the brain pressure was too dangerous, at his age. Well, NPH will always kill you, too.

Finally we found a doctor, at St. John's Hospital (IIRC) in St. Louis, who said that all the other guys' information must have been ten years old because he installed those shunts every day and there would be no problem due to age.

Dad had the surgery and it was like a miracle had occurred! His mind returned basically COMPLETELY to normal, within one or two days, as did his walking, talking, and everything else! My Dad is still alive, now, at age 87.

He was a medical doctor, himself, but had to retire, at age 78, when the NPH suddenly caused the problems I mentioned. After he came home from the shunt surgery, I told him about what I had read, where it said that maybe 5% of Alzheimer's patients actually had NPH and could have been "cured", like he was, and I asked him to think about all of the patients he had had, in the last five or so years when he was still working, to see if he could remember any that had dementia, but maybe with a more-rapid-than-typical onset compared to Alzheimer's, and maybe with leg pain or walking problems, or something similar. Amazingly, he DID remember one person like that. He immediately notified their family and they eventually had the same surgery and they, too, were back to normal!

I hope that this motivates everyone who knows anyone with dementia or an Alzheimer's diagnosis to suggest that they be checked for NPH!

Warm regards,

Tom Gootee

For Gyuri, and for everyone else who is suffering from the difficult-beyond-words loss of someone close to them: I am somewhat ahead of some of you, on a similar path. My heart breaks for you. But I just want to give you one simple thought that might help your life get better, if you can hold onto this thought:

Try to keep remembering that the person you lost would want you to try to be happy, and to thrive.

That's it.

It's been over thirteen years and it took me about nine years, but now, finally, I believe that if my wife could know what my life is like, she would not have to feel devastated by guilt or sadness for ruining my life by dying, and might even be proud of what I am doing and how I live my life, and would be happy to see that I am "mostly OK". (But I sure hope she didn't know anything about those first few years!)

I hope that it doesn't take anyone else nearly that long. (There really isn't much point in that, anyway, although that can be very difficult to see, or act on, when you're still numb. But please try to realize that you don't have to "stay sad" in order to not feel like you're "letting go" of them, or in order to properly honor them, or even if, without realizing it, it's because you feel guilty about aspects of your relationship with them. Everyone does! Let it go!)

Live on. "If you're not growing, you're dying." And love, more than ever. You are what keeps their memory alive. In a way, you're living for two, now. So do a good job of it!

Your friend,

Tom

I often think of an early commemorative lately:

Sometime in early September can be, so the school has just begun. I am not yet of school age, so I spend my time with my grandparents. I'm sitting outside in the garden, in a sandbox, which my dear grandfather made ​​for me. Here are the new games that my parents brought for me from Yugoslavia. Two Matchbox, a green road-roller with red wheels and the blue excavator. The sunshine filters through the playful plum tree leaves which the breeze moves gently. The sky was a so beautiful blue color, as can be only the clear blue sky. So all I have to build a road in the sand. All the stuff, that the whole world is so extraordinarily beautiful that I begun to cry there, alone.
Perhaps accross tissue of space and time, then and there, I felt something from the future?

A lack of empathy in today's society is certianly quite a scary thing to experience first hand.

I would agree that on an evolutionary basis that big buisness can and do cater to the selfish and immoral people of society.

There is absolutely no reason for society to have gone down the path that it has done, two world wars and massive amounts of economic growth on the basis that one country might invade another one just because their military is larger is purely illogical.

War has made all of us breed like rabbits, and as a result of that the overpopulation has forced all of us to work in jobs that are inhumane just to survive to say the least and as a result I believe that humanity has lost its way and become enslaved by the mega corporate-government machine.

The fact that we cannot live on a simple part time job these days saddens me the most out of anything that I have heard in the last 10 years, because it is that which allows us true freedom within our lives, to enjoy life, instead our lives are belted down and saddled as much as possible.

And our environments, especially in europe are becoming even more paved and industrialised as time goes on. Whereas merely 50 years ago it was all farmland.

Last edited:
Agreed.

The tranquility is the secret of longevity.
And that's why I will not live long.
(I said this to my daughter, after I having fought with that damned dishwasher-machine.
Perhaps there is still no diode in it, except for one or two LEDs.
But it's still a filthy vile device.
Rather, I struggle with a Cylon Centurion.
Why I not dish-washing with my hands rather.
Never mind. I won now, exceptionally.)
My daughter asks me to:
More wisdom for today?
No doubt, she is the granddaughter of her grandmother.

Agreed.

The tranquility is the secret of longevity.
And that's why I will not live long.

Indeed, agreed completely, I see so many people my age running around "like a chicken with their head cut off" doing incredulous things to their minds/bodies cars/finances.

music/movies/tv shows are what keep me off the streets. I intend to live until I'm 130 years old, with a constant low stress level I might even make it a success.

(I said this to my daughter, after I having fought with that damned dishwasher-machine.
Perhaps there is still no diode in it, except for one or two LEDs.
But it's still a filthy vile device.
Rather, I struggle with a Cylon Centurion.
Haha, its incredible just how far they will go to make a simple device more complicated and hence more unreliable. Disposable products indeed, no matter what the cost is to us the customer, 2-5-10 years after its manufactured.

My mother had bought an Italian in-wall oven about 8 years ago, when I had opened it not 6 months ago inorder to see if it was repairable I had found that the fragile timer/clock board and fan wasn't insulated from the interior of the oven, so a capacitor that was rated for 135c was being exposed to temperatures as high as 250c at some points and the squirrel cage fan had evaporated all of its ball bearing lubricant.

Planned obsolescence indeed.

Why I not dish-washing with my hands rather.
I own one plate, one knife, one fork, and two small spoons for this exact reason, and I clean each one by hand everytime that I cook dinner.

I am a bachelor and I don't need 8 plates, 10 forks, 10 knives, 10 spoons, or 10 pots and I am too lazy to keep them all clean! :p

Never mind. I won now, exceptionally.)
Bravo!

My daughter asks me to:
More wisdom for today?
No doubt, she is the granddaughter of her grandmother.
And I am the son of my mother and not the son of my father. :)

Last edited:
Wherever I look all over the world, there are all lies.
I can not accept it.
But I still live now. (or there is existence would be the right expression.)
My son had a highly developed sense of justice.
This was probably led to his death.
Perhaps he could have been an opportunism.
I do not know.
But I suffer constantly.
This is my existence.
And I do not believe in anything.
Maybe that's why I'm who I am.
But nevertheless I would like to think I am one of the only ones.
Of course this is true all of us.

Wacky