Bash Each Other Around Thread Over War

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Your post looked lonely on its own...

Trouble is, we all knew this "surgical", "six-day" war would last longer. In the UK, there are propaganda moves afoot to blacken the peacemongers by claiming that they have no respect for our war dead. This is very sad. Families have lost their loved ones for an unnecessary (and certainly politically inadvisable) war. There will be no victors in this war, only losers.

Truth of the matter is, only the dead win at war. They are showing pictures of the soldiers that have given their life over hear on fox. It really pisses me off, they didn't go over there with that idea in mind, no one ever does. The ones that should be dying are sitting here safe and sound.

What is War?

PassFan said:
Truth of the matter is, only the dead win at war... The ones that should be dying are sitting here safe and sound.

Fact is, those who die in war do so as an inevitable result of combat. They die in hope that their loved ones will be protected, and that the world will be a better place for them.

The dead do not win; those left at home, and those who return from the battlefield, win.

War is the price of enforcement of will. Hopefully, the victorious are on the side of justice. Without war, or the willingness to fight for justice, all the rhetoric or judgement in the world is useless.

Sadly, acquiescence and apathy have proven to be facilitating factors for evil men. As long as good men allow evil to go unchecked, evil will indeed florish.

I cannot wish ill will on those who are "sitting here safe and sound". I pray for them.

Re: What is War?

Neutron Bob said:

Fact is, those who die in war do so as an inevitable result of combat. They die in hope that their loved ones will be protected, and that the world will be a better place for them.

The dead do not win; those left at home, and those who return from the battlefield, win.

War is the price of enforcement of will. Hopefully, the victorious are on the side of justice. Without war, or the willingness to fight for justice, all the rhetoric or judgement in the world is useless.

Sadly, acquiescence and apathy have proven to be facilitating factors for evil men. As long as good men allow evil to go unchecked, evil will indeed florish.

I cannot wish ill will on those who are "sitting here safe and sound". I pray for them.

My point was that death is not in mind when one goes into combat. The soldier actually feels sorry for his comrades because he feels he will not die and some of them will. WWII veterans have expressed the feeling of looking at the dead and feeling almost envious because they got out of the horror of war. It's easier to die than to live in combat but death is by no means inevitable. " War is merely a continuation of politics by other means. Clauswitz" It is as neccessary as breathing to man. Sometimes it is the failure of politicians to settle things that leads to war. I don't wish death on anyone, though it's never the ones that start it that do the dying. Perhaps, if it was, we would see things being settled politically and not with war.

It seems to me that what gets us into these situations is the inability (or refusal) to see that ones opponent's back is against a wall. Watch how even a rabbit can fight when cornered. Right or wrong, people fight most vigorously in this situation. Eg Japan just prior to Pearl Harbour, Iraq now....possibly N. Korea soon?
Sometimes more can be achieved by allowing an orderd climb-down, instead of the options of humiliation or war.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
Sometimes more can be accomplished with a few WELL PLACED rounds (3 to 6 would be required by my count) from a respectable distance. The type of rounds that seek only one target...usually seen through the cross hairs of a high powered scope ;) . It's dirty...it would have been "un-official".. "non-sanctioned"...but it could very well have been done allready and this war over before it ever needed to be started.

The judicious application of high velocity rounds has solved many of the worlds "problems" without the need for civillian cassualties. Maybe not the BEST answer...but better than what we have now I think.

zardoz...direct and to the point

I certanly wants to see Saddam Hussein dead :dead: , but I dont think that It would solve any problems, there would just come a new member of his staff to run the country in the same stile as Saddam did, I dont even think this war is about Saddams diktatorship, Im sure its about oil, I am against this war like most of the population in Denmark, but unfortunely the goverment supports the US, This war is a crime against humanity, think of all the people who will die in combat or die of hunger.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Per Nielsen said:
I certanly wants to see Saddam Hussein dead

If the Bush-senior administration had finished her job early '90's, there wouldn't have been a reason now to go to war or in other words, it would have been much more difficult to 'sell' the war to the world..
The war-that-never-stopped between the early '90's and today
is made possible only by the presence of SH.
So the US really needs Saddam, like it or not!!
If there were no 'bad-guys' in the Middle East, they had to invent one.
Luckily they have Saddam.

You can all nail me now, but please, READ and THINK about this first.
There is almost nothing to read about it in America because of censorship, but there is a good documentary, previously banned in the USA.
Perform a search on "Hidden Wars of Desert Storm"

/Hugo

tomahack said:
"By means of shrewd lies, unremittingly repeated, it is possible to make people believe that heaven is hell -- and hell heaven. The greater the lie, the more readily it will be believed."

Adolf Hitler

Funny how history repeats.

It's a shame too, people need to learn to pay attention. I remember Bush publicly talking about evidence against Saddam back when they decided to go after Iraq. He made a comment about Iraq being 6 mths away from Nuclear weapons. When questioned on it he referenced a report from the agency that monitored Iraq for nukes (not sure what it's called), and then commented "what more evidence do you need" ? The following day, the head of that agency stated that they had not released that information in a report. When called on Bush's statement, Bush's administration stated they were refering to a 1993 report, to which the head of the agency stated not only had his agency Never released information like that, he had never read any report from any agency in the world with information like that.
I concluded right then that the present administration was no better than the one they replaced, with the added bonus

:bigeyes: of being a bunch of warmongers out to get a bunch of people killed. Now that, to me, is fabricating evidence, which considering where it's coming from, is scary as hell.:mafioso:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.