Lsd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So LSD doesn't cause permanent damage to your brain chemistry and mind?:confused: When considering all the ways it can be contaminated, I question whether it is a good idea to ingest the stuff. On the other hand, the production of psilocybin is for the most part handled by nature and is less likely to contaminate if grown in a controled environment, IMO. Maybe less long term physical damage as well.......mental damage may be questionable though.:dodgy: It depends on one's state of mind stability as to how one tolerates hallucinogens.

:hypno2: :hypno1:

The biggest acid head I ever knew gave it up towards the early 80s because it wasn't worth doing anymore. He had access to a huge amounts of the stuff and is also one of only 2 people I know to have done Fly Agarics. When asked how he prepared them he looked a bit puzzled and said "I found them in the woods and ate 3" After vomiting for several hours things got strange for a few days.

He died about 18 months ago but was THE most level mooded content bloke I have ever met. He was never up nor down, he was just John. A fine musician, scholar and sorely missed by many.

http://www.treesband.co.uk/ Check the "John the Hat" page

John

Fly Agarics (Amanita Muscaria) are dangerous, the secretions on the exterior can be toxic....not just hallucinogenic. There is a reason they are not popular. Just wanted to point out they are poisonous, and not just to the mind.....:dead: Wrong family. Be careful with any mushroom from the Amanita family. I remember a cubensis type referred commonly to as “Amazonian”. Small but very potent, and it was about as easy to cultivate as typical Liberty caps. I'd stick with them. Just a quick recollection from years ago when my mind was less clear (being) on these things.:hypno1: Although I don’t indulge in them anymore, it pains me to hear the consequences of people who eat the wrong kinds. One Death Angel cap (Amanita Phalloides in photo) and you need an immediate liver/kidney transplant…..not good. Notice the thin veil skin under the cap, the false Death Angel looks identical but with no veil.

Attachments

• amanita phalloides.jpg
    amanita phalloides.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 160
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
CBS240 said:
So LSD doesn't cause permanent damage to your brain chemistry and mind?:confused: When considering all the ways it can be contaminated,

One does have to worry about contaminants in "bathtub"LSD, but medicinal grade LSD can be consumed in VAST quantities with no potential physical consequences. An improperly guided trip does have the serious potential for psychcological issues. A bad trip is usually the reult of a "negative" event occuring when the brain is most plastic. Conversly "positive" events lead to improved brain programming.

In one study done before access became restricted -- IIRC at MIT -- one of the surprising results was that those participating in the study had an average intelligence increase of 10%.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
CBS240 said:
Fly Agarics (Amanita Muscaria) are dangerous,

Very. that there are quite a few very similar deadly mushrooms doesn't help (some of these grow around here).

It is interesting that the spotted mushroom you see in many, many kid's books is Amanita, and that there is a very good chance that this is what Jesus was doing for 40 days in the desert. Further many of the Saints are the result of eating ergot in the rye bread (this ergot is the precursor to LSD)

dave

I did Aminita Muscaria mushrooms many years ago and I can assure you that they are NOT your fathers magic mushroom! For one thing, as was stated by CBS240, they can be extremely toxic to your liver turning it into something resembling blackberry jam. The buzz is an intensely visual, kind of scary, mystical journey which lasts about two days and ends up with one heck of a physical and psychological hangover which also lasts about two days. Aminita Muscaria bears about as much resemblence to psilocybin as a field mouse does a rabid Tasmanian Devil! Anyone considering trying them should do their reserch and proceed with appropriate caution!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.