Canadians persecuting Americans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SY said:
Hey, guys, next time you're in the States, remember the word "microbrew." It's a VERY useful English word. Beer-lovers in the US don't drink Bud.

Yeah, tried quite a lot of them in Portland a couple of years ago.
Most of them were quite good. Even better, I even found a
hamburger chain where you could get a microbrew with your
burger, and the burgers themselves were also quite a lot
better than the usual McD/BK/etc...

You know..I think you are taking this thing much too seriously. You don't know what happened as you were not there and you are getting a second hand story which may not be complete.

And your emotional reaction is sort of like the "ugly american" reactions I have seen in Europe...

There doesn't seem to be many people that seem to think the story...as you heard it..makes sense. Maybe you should listen to what people are saying and think about it. Maybe they are not all "wrong." Maybe your friend's 'story" really doesn't make sense. have you ever encountered any problems up there?

Really, suddenly the world is quite ironic :/ It's non-sense yes, but when I argue that Israelis killing palestineans is not non-sense and am fed by other non-sense that defends the US and Israeli acts no matter what... It's non-sense. What is real? Your story? My story? Our critiques? Re-evaluate your story and how serious is it? This is going no where as much as the "what to do for peace" :smash:

First they were kicked out of a bar while trying to order a drink. They walked in sat down and ordered a beer (their first of the day) and the bartender says, "you look like you've had too much to drink." One of my friends thinks he's just being funny and starts laughing. This seems to anger the bartender and he proceeds to ask them to leave the property.

Yes and? Perhaps your friends were really drunk but can't remember, and so what if the bartender was a jack ***, he has the right to do so if he is the owner, he didn't pull a shotgun and tell you to get lost did he? Remember you don't own the damn bar. Surprise surprise.

Later they are having dinner at a nice restaurant and in the middle of their steaks, one notices that while their steaks were served to them on wooden cutting boards, everyone else in the restaurant is eating off plates. A backpedaling waiter tried to explain it away.

Well uhm, it's just a different style perhaps... argh automatically you assume you are maltreated? So what, ever hear of pan pizza? Sure that's a totally totally different matter... but it wasn't served on frickin card board or something... Automatically you jump on your heels ey? Assuming as Canadians because we supposingly HATE just YOU so much, we'd do 'funny' stuff with the food.. urgh speaking of 'funny stuff' and assuming things.. when things are not to be assumed it's still funny stuff.

Here's two stories reported on CBC of funny stuff.

Ever hear of the McDonald incidents where people constantly sued for what was put in the food? Like rats being the meat inside hamburgers so on and so forth. Was that directed at americans? It's just that some people are malevolent and dumbshits end of story. Yet you assume automatically you have some elevated status as an American even if you are in your own country and assume that you are being maltreated?

Wana know mistreated? Well.. disgusting anyways... US and Canadian (yes) soldiers who fought in Afghanistan mutilated bodies of the people they killed. The proof? Pictures, videos and an individual admitting it, in a report on CBC. They even cut body pieces and brought them home as souvenirs, eew.. and that's both americans and canadians. But don't automatically assume you are saints and need extra care treatment or are being maltreated because of some instance. It's as if you assume there is a terrorist plot (ok what a stereotype but uuh..)

Whether they were told or not, my friends attributed this treatment to Canadian anti-war sentiment, ironically echoed by my friends. They blew it off and didn't get too angry about it. If it were me, I would have been livid.

What the hell? SO this was again *they assumed* due to our will to promote wishfully peace? So what, maybe as canadians (sure not everyone) we don't want war? How the hell does that relate to your friend's incidents? That's like labeling yourself as pro-war right there.. This story is obviously non-sense. Automatically you assume that these Anti-war talks are anti-american or terrorist talks beacuse it's something you are not accustomed to? So what's the big deal here!? How the heck do you come to a conlusion that all this is due to anti-war behaviour? That's like linking it all wrong!

There's a bad apple on every tree, and yea I acted rude towards your little story (I don't see why not when people act ignorant which can be sometimes alot more rude... Questioning things far more serious like "Who is Israel Anhilating?" really ticked me off after numerous posts.. because it was 'non-sense' yet honsetly... it's far more non-sense to get all picky and on one's tippy toes if your buds were unable to get a drink or unable to erm not be served the same way. I'm not going to bring peace thread into this.. even though I feel it was started due to the fact that I posted alot in the other thread and I'm from Canada..).

Sigh pointless to argue there will always be two sides bashing each other o_o, and you may so of course not forever, yeah well that's like.. if one side is taken over by another o_O

1/137

1/137. If you go back and read all my posts you'll see that I established most of your points already.

It does push my buttons when people draw broad conclusions about what they appear to have misread or not read at all. I drew a conclusion based on a nine year relationship, the story he told, and the feedback from Canadian members. My conclusion was that the original story was inaccurate.

American coffee

yeah, you guys are perfectly correct. American coffee is drek. I purchase Melita -- 2 cans are $5 at ShopRite here in NJ, the fancier supermarkets don't carry it.

Canadian Beer, ehhhhh?

but one of the best experiences in the world is to stop in the "bar-tabac" at Charles de Gaulle and have a coffee and croissant after making the crossing. I even enjoy the cigarette smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.