your favorite chocolate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
few months ago i bought some hershey "cacao reserve 65%" at a shop rite supermarket ( later also at 99 cents store ! ! ! ) and i simply loved it

my friend also could not understand how hershey chocolate bar could taste good ... loved it as well

on the other hand i hate hershey's "special dark" ...

i also like some chocolate bars from Lindt ... but not all

can anybody recommend some chocolate bars that you personally liked ? im not talking about some exotic expensive chocolate that you convinced yourself is good but something that you tried without necessarily expecting anything special and were pleasantly surprised ?

Hersheys 65% is _very_ good.

I tried Ritter sport dark, found it too sweet. Some of the higher % chocolates have a bland, waxy taste, IMO. Some sugar is needed to bring out the flavor.

Lindt truffles, anyway, are rather ho-hum, IMO. Some truffles (forget the name) are simply to die for. Most that I like are rolled in cacao rather than coated with a firmer chocolate.

For bang for the buck, I prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips to most bar chocolate. I like the bite. Pop about 6 into your mouth and hold them against your palate with your tongue until they dissolve ;)

Re: Chocolate and whisky

Bouquet said:
Ever tried a piece of good swiss pue cacau with a good 12 year old singel cask Highland Park ????:cool:
I even forgot ( almost ) about the CD playing on my tube audio gear....;)
believ me , something to try , really :smash:

Shame! "a good 12 year old singel cask Highland Park" deserves your complete attention!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.