• p0315047.jpg
    p0315047.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 252
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: The cougar connection

Bill F. said:
The vet told us the ear tufts usually indicate a wildcat not too far up the family tree--I see Ulysses sports a pretty good set.

Quite a few of our cats have the tufts (a lot of them are offspring -- Pattie & Lollie + 3 males no longer with us are the primamry DNA donors for all but Baily). This is a tell-tale in certain breeds.

dave

hmmm, I noticed that Ear-tuft thing in Sula, her attitude is actually quite wild. She is not nearly as domesticated as Java. Sula always comes in with freshly caught birds in the summer, she's quite good at her hunting skills and she also keeps herself extremely well groomed. Possibly the cleanest and most well tempered cat we've ever had.

Planet10: I moved from CR in just before mid summer in 2002, we went to Saskatchewan and there was a bit of a large family dispute so we ended up moving back to the island only two months ago. Now we are in Port Alberni. I guess that means we moved to Campbell River from Vancouver in 1992 or so. So yeah, we lived there for ten years.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Duo said:
I moved from CR in just before mid summer in 2002, we went to Saskatchewan and there was a bit of a large family dispute so we ended up moving back to the island only two months ago. Now we are in Port Alberni. I guess that means we moved to Campbell River from Vancouver in 1992 or so. So yeah, we lived there for ten years.

Hey, another island boy... i think that makes 3 of us now (ChrisB too). Maybe this summer we will have to have an island get together -- up for the 3 hr trek to the "big" city?

dave

jh6you said:
:yummy:
Mmmmm.... all look delicious.
:boggled:
!!! JUST A JOKE !!!
JH

I have a friend who's parents were born in Vietnam. He was born in Toronto, and has no Vietnamese accent at all. The first time he came over to my house, my dog ran out of the house barking at him. He didn't know my whole family was just around the corner, and he said in a Vietnamese accent, "Your dog looks tasty!" My parents, never having met him before, were a little concerned...

Here's a pic of the main ingredient in Pho-Mutt Soup... (a.k.a. "Bandit")

Attachments

• mutt.jpg
    mutt.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 192
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I don't have any pictures of my cat or dog (chocolate lab) up at home, since I always forget to bring my camera when I go visit, but here is a picture of a cat that I took this summer when I was visiting Cinque Terre, Italy. There are lots of cats just hanging around and the locals feed them.

--
Brian

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 276