Alternate shipping on heatsinks? I hope...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
It's correct. So, if you need a heatsink locally in the US, you might be well served to speak to Heatsink USA. They're great guys. Our Heatsinks come direct from Italy, so they do attract a bit of shipping. If you add a chassis to the heatsink, there is some shipping price embedded in the chassis, and you'll very likely see that shipping on the heatsinks come down a bit.

That said, $20 is an unbelievably cheap price to pay for shipping a big lump of metal from Italy to your door in the US, with a premium courier, and typically in about 3 working days. If you asked FedEx how much they would charge you for the same service you'd be looking at $100 and change.

Unfortunately, the latter price is closer to what the store has to pay its US shipper, for shipping internationally from the US to somewhere like Europe. That ~$100 price is what our poor EU brothers and.. brothers have had to pay for the last few years to buy stuff from the US store (using FedEx/UPS, and ~$60 for USPS). The good news for customers not located in the US, is that we've heard you. We've determined now that we've been getting ripped off blind by our present logistics partner for shipping internationally out of the US. We're now 1-2 months away from moving our operations to a new warehousing and shipping partner who can get these kinds of "unbelievable" prices for international shipping (ie: $20 for 2kg/4lb half way around the world, tracked and insured, in less than a week, which is 1/3 of the price of even the cheapest method currently which is using USPS First Class International (untracked, uninsured)).

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
It's correct. So, if you need a heatsink locally in the US, you might be well served to speak to Heatsink USA. They're great guys. Our Heatsinks come direct from Italy, so they do attract a bit of shipping. If you add a chassis to the heatsink, there is some shipping price embedded in the chassis, and you'll very likely see that shipping on the heatsinks come down a bit.

That said, $20 is an unbelievably cheap price to pay for shipping a big lump of metal from Italy to your door in the US, with a premium courier, and typically in about 3 working days. If you asked FedEx how much they would charge you for the same service you'd be looking at $100 and change.

Unfortunately, the latter price is closer to what the store has to pay its US shipper, for shipping internationally from the US to somewhere like Europe. That ~$100 price is what our poor EU brothers and.. brothers have had to pay for the last few years to buy stuff from the US store (using FedEx/UPS, and ~$60 for USPS). The good news for customers not located in the US, is that we've heard you. We've determined now that we've been getting ripped off blind by our present logistics partner for shipping internationally out of the US. We're now 1-2 months away from moving our operations to a new warehousing and shipping partner who can get these kinds of "unbelievable" prices for international shipping (ie: $20 for 2kg/4lb half way around the world, tracked and insured, in less than a week, which is 1/3 of the price of even the cheapest method currently which is using USPS First Class International (untracked, uninsured)).

I should have thought of that when I ordered the chassis from you guys for the same project. Well, if I wait long enough I am going to need another Deluxe 4 chassis for V-Fet project, otherwise will see Heatsink USA again.

Thanks,

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I've bought a bunch of stuff from HeatsinkUSA and it was always a bargain.

FedEx and UPS are a ripoff 95% of the time unless you are in big hurry.

US Postal Service is almost always (a lot) cheaper if it's an option and you can wait a few days.

Paul

Yes I have dealt with them several times in the past. DIY store had something a little closer to what I wanted, but if required they will do.

Russellc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.