How is this being handled or is it? help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi! question for the store....I ordered a chassis the other day and after I did so, I noticed I ordered the same one I did last time, but this time I need a much larger one. I immediately emailed my mistake, and was immediately responded to, twice in fact. The first message was a little confusing and said I would be given a credit, which is fine, then just as quick the second message came, saying sorry for the confusion, but my pay method would be refunded then I can order the larger chassis I need.

Maybe I havent waited long enough, but I messaged back making sure I understood the procedure correctly. I heard nothing back from the store. So I messaged over the weekend figuring to hear back today, but no luck. So I messaged again early today inquiring what to do, and again, nothing. I just want to know what to do. I dont care if it is delivered and I have to send it back, (although no ship confirmation) get a credit and order the larger chassis, or get refunded and order a larger chassis?

I would really like to get on with this build!

Thanks,

Russellc

What does "the other day" actually mean?
Are you aware that "I messaged over the weekend figuring to hear back today, but no luck. So I messaged again early today"
Friday afternoon, *all* of the weekend and "early today" (Monday) are one and the same "black hole" since Shops are, well ........ *closed* on Weekends?
Who do you expect to read and answer your messages while the shop is *closed*?
Just sayin´

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I dont....it was on friday, like you said going into a weekend. The response was pretty darn fast, so I gathered that someone had a close eye on this. Two emails were sent over it changing the conditions of how it would be handled, and then nothing....the second email explained how it would be handled, and sounded like it was happening right then. The charge happened immediately and showed online, so I gathered it would that way as well. While shops open and close overweekends, charge cards and accounts post immediately.

Not seeing a result, and having first being told one way it was going to be handled, then in minutes a second email basically saying scratch that, refund is easier and proper here, I thought that's what happened.

Not seeing any action on the account, I thought perhaps this had again changed, so emailed....and this is monday, "Just Sayin"

Russellc

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Even if the diyAudio store was open...
Credit card purchases are posted by the card company immediately as pending because they are run through their machine or other source, but not put through until confirmed by the retailer. There can be a two or three day delay. The other way round, aka a refund, doesn't get posted until forwarded to the card company by the retailer. Hence why you won't necessarily see that posting immediately.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Russell,

You're in the US, our support staff are in Singapore, and your chassis is being cared for in Italy. This can create some issues especially on weekends. We typically try to respond to any customer queries, on weekdays, in 24-48 hours. Sometimes it's just minutes, as you found. And sometimes we answer emails on weekends, or odd hours. We're a small operation on a tight budget, so yep, sometimes things take a few days to sort out. Again, especially if chassis are involved or someone changes their order. There's a lot of backtracking and checking to do and potentially a lot of people involved :)

Sounds like it's sorted out now though, which is great.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.