Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th August 2018, 02:32 PM   #91
RafaPolit is offline RafaPolit  Ecuador
diyAudio Member

Thanks! Yeah, sorry for not explaining fully:it's a DAC /PRE with max voltage configurable at 2 or 4V. You get full volume control, not a fixed output. Sorry for the lack of info,but your answer makes perfect sense. Thanks.
Old 12th August 2018, 08:43 PM   #92
rekterx is offline rekterx  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycavsr2000 View Post
rekterx,

You should hopefully be fine. But there are some details you need to consider.
.......... Best,
Anand.
Anand,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough response. The speakers I will be using with the ACA have an SPL of 92.4db (Wild Burro Betsys). I feel confident now that I should be in pretty good shape with the PT 100 and the way you explained things will allow me to dig in a little deeper and "gain" a bit of understanding.
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #93
halitun is offline halitun  United States
diyAudio Member

Just finished the ACA 1.6 kit using the schematic and new photos. A very quick and easy build. I'm testing with my basement workroom speakers - some old Mirage 85db floor standers. Using one of my Aikido tube pre-amps with 6CG7 tubes to drive it. The ACA is biased at 10 volts now but I just saw somewhere in a thread that with the 24 volt power supply it should be biased at 12 volts. I'll re-bias before testing with my B&W 803s. The sound is liquid and detailed. Low end is tight and detailed - a bass guitar sounds like one rather than a thump thump of some amps. Very engaging to listen to no matter what type of music I tried with it. At higher volumes it distorts but that won't be a problem on my 95 db Omega 3U speakers. Loving the sound on this amp and so easy to build compared to some of my scratch built tube amps.
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #94
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6
Good point about the bias setting, the 1.5 build guide has now been updated with a note to set the 24V 1.6 to a bias of 12V.
Old Today, 04:40 AM   #95
jfuquay is offline jfuquay
diyAudio Member

Default Decent volume and sweet sound

Between the 1.5 build guide and the new photos of the 1.6 wiring I completed my ACA without incident. I then hooked it up to the preamp of my Marantz 2230 receiver (couldn’t fine any specs on the preamp) and a pair of Boston Acoustics HD 5 speakers, which are 8 ohms nominally and 89 dB sensitivity, per the manufacturer. In a 20x20 room, a variety of classical and vocal performances really impressed me. The amp has a very natural sound, even with the Marantz’s volume cranked up. Not party loud, but at 12 o’clock it was certainly loud enough for normal listening levels. A really great learning experience and a quality product. Nice job, diyAudio.

Amp Camp Amp Kit V1.6Hide this!Advertise here!