Power Supply Soft Start Board (V3)

I always measure main voltage with "one hand in my pocket", actually both.
C2 (I called it C9) =220nF not 1uF as in the schematic. I cant see that this is the troublemaker. The value only influence on how quick the relay act. But it is from the "end" of resistor 220 ohm and on the other side of 1 Mohm/ble /220nF that the voltage drop so much that the diodebridge are not able to feed the zener with a proper voltage.

E. Stillingen

I have adjusted the formula in the V2 thread to calculate the inrush current limit as:

I = Vp^2 / ( Vs * R/4 ) where R is the value of one of the current limiting resistors.

This allows you to choose R to set I. Given the relay is 10A max, how does one choose R?

Thanks!

From the V2 thread:

HifiNutNut said:
The formula is based on the equation of turns ratio Vs / Vp = Ns / Np = Ip / Is. The primary current is derived from the desired current on the secondary transformed by the turns ratio then ohms law R = V / I. This assumes that the transformer is 100% efficient. In real life, the loss is very small and can be ignored.

CL-60 Needed with V3 Soft Start Board?

Thank you to all who have contributed to the Soft-start board project and to those that have posted their finished products/questions. This forum is a tremendous help to me, as I have never quite grasped electronics! The pic's were/are very helpful to me. As already mentioned, the C-3 polarity was in question (at least to me) and was subsequently solved by Toecutter's post/pic. Thanks Toecutter!

I would assume that there is no need for a CL-60 as shown in the original Nelson Pass PSU schematic? Or, is it still needed? I do understand, as previously posted/answered, that there is still a need for the .033uf, x1 rated cap.

Now it is on to the next sub-project, the speaker protection board...

Again, many thanks to the diyAudio team/Toecutter for developing such awesome boards for the DIY audio community...
:cheers: