Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Speaker Turn On Delay and DC Protector Board Set (V3)
Speaker Turn On Delay and DC Protector Board Set (V3)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th November 2017, 07:06 AM   #311
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
R.I.P.

the speaker isolation relay should isolate (open contacts) when power is OFF.
check you have used the normally open contacts.

When the relay receives the signal to trigger/switch over, the relay contacts close and the speaker becomes connected to the amplifier.

A normally closed relay is no good for speaker protection.
Old 5th November 2017, 03:21 PM   #312
antanasgrigas is offline antanasgrigas  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Hi Andrew T.
When power is off, relay contacts is open. I check with multimeter. But, when amplifier power on, relay contacts do not close, and red led does not stop blinking. Loudspeakers are disconnected from the amplifier.
Only after the speaker protection bord "IN" is disconnected. The relay closes and the LED stops flashing.
I checked again. The output of the amplifier is DC zero
Old 6th November 2017, 06:20 AM   #313
antanasgrigas is offline antanasgrigas  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Thank you very much for help.
I found ... It was necessary to connect one board power cord to the transformer's secondary and the other to the ground of the power supply unit.
Old 6th November 2017, 02:58 PM   #314
kpsthakur is offline kpsthakur  India
diyAudio Member

Default Transistor replacements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoD818 View Post
I haven't tried BC549 in there but a quick peek and I don't see why it wouldn't work. 2N2222 is also ok in lieu of the 945. 2SC828 is also a pin for pin replacement.

Just please watch out for the pin configuration when you substitute transistors.

Cheers

I think 2N2222 is a pin to pin replacement for KSC945YTA with few changes in characteristics...I am using a 12V version for DC protector circuit, hopefully this should be sufficient

For MPSA06, can I replace it with 2N5551, stats read much more that MPSA

C-E Voltage 160V
C-B Voltage 160V
E-B Voltage 6V
C Curr Cont. 600mA

I have plenty at hand...hopefully they are good to be used for Q4
Old 7th February 2018, 01:46 PM   #315
coolnose is offline coolnose  Europe
diyAudio Member

Hi All,

I just test my 2 builds. One is V2 , the other V3. I took care of the changed pinout of the transistors on the different version. Both builds act the same.

On power on led 2 turns on, led 1 flickers, the relay engages after a while and turns led 1 definitely on, the other stays on as well.

On turn-of led 2 dims slowly and led 1 flickers off....

The only change I made is 330uF in C6 instead of 220uF ...

Thanks

Max
Old 7th February 2018, 03:26 PM   #316
coolnose is offline coolnose  Europe
diyAudio Member

Actually I think both boards are working fine, I'd just like to lower the flip flop frequency of LED1 as I expect the flickering to indicate a proper function, just to quickly ....

Just tested 4.7uF instead of 2.2uF for C1/C2 ... no change.... I suppose altering (increasing) R2/R3/R4 will slow down the blinking led ... any suggested value instead of 33K ?

EDIT: 2 x 10uF does the job for me, no resistor changes.

I understand that the speaker protection board cannot be used in a double mono configuration .... what PSU ground would the board be referenced to ...? So one board to order...

Cheers,

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnose View Post
Hi All,

I just test my 2 builds. One is V2 , the other V3. I took care of the changed pinout of the transistors on the different version. Both builds act the same.

On power on led 2 turns on, led 1 flickers, the relay engages after a while and turns led 1 definitely on, the other stays on as well.

On turn-of led 2 dims slowly and led 1 flickers off....

The only change I made is 330uF in C6 instead of 220uF ...

Thanks

Max

Last edited by coolnose; 7th February 2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12th March 2018, 04:38 PM   #317
captJackSparrow is offline captJackSparrow  India
diyAudio Member

Default DC protection board

Hi,

What is the maximum current draw by DC Protection circuit, I am using one from store and Omron G5LE-14 5VDC relays.

My transformer is 15VA, would it be safe to run 2 fans(each 12V .39 amp max draw) along with DC Protection circuit off the same transformer?

Thankyou

Speaker Turn On Delay and DC Protector Board Set (V3)Hide this!Advertise here!