JFETs from Linear Systems

Hi all! I am new to this forum and to DIYAudioStore... Have recieved most of my parts except for the matched FETS, which should arrive in a few days. Getting ready to build the F6 clone over the holidays :)

Have a question regarding the pinout of the LSK170...

I downloaded the latest LSK170 datsheet from LinearSytems and its dated 7/2/2019, rev A20). I noticed that the pinout does not follow the standard DGS arrangement (it shows DSG). So I checked the datasheet from DIYAudioStore - its dated 6/26/2013 rev A13 and the pinout is the standard DGS arrangement.

Is there any chance the matched FETs that I am getting follow this odd pin arrangement? Or will the standard DGS pinout apply still?

Thanks in advance for any guidance :)

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi,

Pars, not to be abrasive, but I would rather get confirmation from Jason or Jan on my question. They are the ones supplying and offering for sale. The reason I am asking is because of this sentence: NP (LSK170/LSJ74) are ideal for a stereo BA-3, F4, F5, F5T, F6 and more. I want to know if the "more" includes the ACA.

Best regards

Hi,

Pars, not to be abrasive, but I would rather get confirmation from Jason or Jan on my question. They are the ones supplying and offering for sale. The reason I am asking is because of this sentence: NP (LSK170/LSJ74) are ideal for a stereo BA-3, F4, F5, F5T, F6 and more. I want to know if the "more" includes the ACA.

Best regards

Please read post#1 of this very thread that has a quote from Nelson Pass with answer you are looking for :)

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Their website is up: BIFET, JFET, INTERFET, Diodes, Transistors, DMOS, MOSFET

However that's twice now in I think a month someone has seen it down. I'd say just a server hosting issue.

Do they have any reps or only sell direct? Is there a minimum number of pieces you have to buy?

You can contact them directly but they prefer to handle larger orders. I believe they do have some distributors, however I am not familiar with them. For small orders of JFETs they might direct you to the diyAudio Store.

I ordered two matched pairs of LSK170 / LSJ74 in the store. Before using the matched pairs of lsk170 / lsj74 i measured them with my Idss jig i use every time.

Lsk170 measured fine in the 7mA range and match tight.

One LSJ74 measured in the 9mA Range, while the other one measures 19mA on my jig.

What could that be? How is IDSS measured on your side? To me it looks like one of my LSJ74 is dead - question is if it was already dead when i received it? I never killed any of the 400 Toshiba 2sk170 in my simple jig, thats why i wonder..