General diyAudio store feedback thread

All I can say is the Amp Camp Kit is first class, especially the chassis. I have so many projects 90% complete because of chassis work. This makes it much easier for someone to get their hands dirty.
I hope you do more of this thing.
A high efficiency speaker kit would be killer. Make it like Nelson's mini slot loaded OB.
I have heaps of ideas. Hahahaha
The store needs a Circlotron amp. Make it source follower output to connect up to a Balanced BA3 front end

That speaker reference has shown up a couple times lately. I can't find it. Anyone have a link to info or a build thread?

This one.
There are quite a few alternatives to the PM6A too if the price is too steep. Audio Nirvana make some very nice speakers for less than half the price of the PM6A.

EDIT: You want a high Q low pass filter around 20 to 40Hz to boost the bass response of the 15 inch slot loaded woofer. Very easy to implement, in fact it could be incorporated into the next ACA to drive the woofer.

Attachments

• 111012-Pass-600.jpg
    111012-Pass-600.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I recently embarked on a couple of F5 builds (I am biamping). I got the lovely circuit boards from the diyaudio store and FETs from other folks on the forum. I am usually building tube amps, SE DHT. The chassis is always my weakest link. Aluminum angle and some wood plus a tube cage from Hammond. Excellent aesthetics from a few feet away, just don't get too close.

I decided to go with the 4U Deluxe chassis. Predrilled, tapped heatsinks eliminated my biggest stumbling block to having a great amp that also looks good.

I got all my parts when promised and was very happy with the quality. I unpacked the chassis and assembled it right away. Great packing and all the holes and tapping were great. I did not open up the second chassis until several weeks later. After I unpacked it I realized I had the wrong back panel. No holes for the PEM, RCA jacks or speaker binding posts.

When things are not quite right is when you find out just how good the service is. I got a reply to my email the next day. I was not able to help them track down the source of the error since I had recycled all my packaging. A short while later I got an email telling me that I was going to receive a new back panel direct from Italy. That only took a few days.

Thanks diyaudio, and a special thanks to Elena and Jason. They were very friendly and got my project back on track very quickly.

dante

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Store Keeper,
I have some BA boards with N on them and would like to purchase some P boards with some bias boards also
Can it be Done? LOL!
Thanks,
NS

Hi there! This thread is just for feedback about the store, but to quickly answer your question: I am not sure what the "N" boards you have are but we only have what is available in the store here:

Burning Amplifier Series - Power Amplifiers - Circuit Boards

Unfortunately, we no longer sell the boards separately. The Burning Amp boards are only sold in complete sets. If you have further questions please contact Customer Care through the Contact Us link below. Thanks.

1U Galaxy enclosures

Please on behalf of all resident builders here, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, carry the single height(40mm) Galaxy enclosures. I have separate projects underway, featuring miniDsp's, Raspberry Pi's, power supplies and dac builds. The Galaxy gx147, gx247, gx148, and gx243 would fit perfectly for our needs. For my current projects the gx147 and gx247 present the ability to have a chassis for power supply and amplification, with another for dac's, and low level digital circuits. Please take these suggestions for consideration.

1U Galaxy enclosures

Please on behalf of all resident builders here, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, carry the single height(40mm) Galaxy enclosures. I have separate projects underway, featuring miniDsp's, Raspberry Pi's, power supplies and dac builds. The Galaxy gx147, gx247, gx148, and gx243 would fit perfectly for our needs. For my current projects the gx147 and gx247 present the ability to have a chassis for power supply and amplification, with another for dac's, and low level digital circuits. Please take these suggestions for consideration.

To Jason: Hello Jason

Hello Jason

I have a few questions for you or others? The honey badgers amp pcb. I would like to pre-order it but what i want to know is do i pay for it now or does my credit card get charged the whole amount or just a auth at this time? :confused: ? And what about paypal? Does it get paid in full or my paypal just hangs there till you ship? :D

And do you offer parts for a kit version? Thanks a lot and love your site and store. :D

i can be contacted here or on my email of vince at thedarkhole dot org

Power Supply Modification

I am not technically sound with regards to power supply modifications. I just need help on the necessary modification needed to convert the power supply that you have supplied for the amps kits that are on sale , I assume are running on US 110V supply while we are running on 220V supply.
Regards
Daniel

I am not technically sound with regards to power supply modifications. I just need help on the necessary modification needed to convert the power supply that you have supplied for the amps kits that are on sale , I assume are running on US 110V supply while we are running on 220V supply.
Regards
Daniel

please check that the toroids have 4 primary leads of 2 sets of primary coils, to use that for 220 volts is simple, wire them up in series...
a picture of your toroid will surely help us confirm...

Purchased boards for two mono F3 turbos including soft start, PSU and amp boards. Had a minor glitch with one set of the amp boards that was taken care of promptly. I'm new to DIY electronics but the quality of these boards seems top notch. Deluxe 5U chassis next...

Good communication and service. Thanks!

-Jeff