General diyAudio store feedback thread

Joined 2009
Paid Member
hi folks, :)
I need a board for the F3 useable with your cases. The last F3 boards I saw were from suds, India.
Many diyaudio members asked for boards in the meantime in different threads.
You mention that your U4 and U5 cases are also made for F3.

You see I try to convince you.....

I think it would be wonderful to have also F3 boards here.

THX

Building The Amp Camp

I recently built the AMP CAMP stereo amplifiers found in the store at:
Amp Camp Kit - Kits
I had my own HP laptop power supplies and I had lots of IRF730 MOS FET power transistors. I ordered my own parts from DigiKey and then I dealt with finding the right hardware. I drilled out the holes for the power transistor mounting because I did not have M3 hardware and I I had special heat sink insulators that worked with my TO-220 package hardware. I used a spacer to push my 4 each 3 watt resistors about 1/8 inch away from the circuit board. I go to great lengths to do things that minimize heat. I powered the amps up and there was no smoke. I did bias adjustments for about 45 minutes. Then I hooked them up to listen. When I finally got a working preamplifier the sound was astonishing. Deep and full bass notes that were not over or under damped. Clean, clear and detailed treble and mid range. Clearly a set of amplifiers that were not going to color the music. I especially enjoy the 200Khz bandwidth. If an amplifier can pass 200 KHz with a flat curve then the phase shift will be minimal. These amp kits work Each heat sink is dissipating
about 20 watts at idle. I can place my hand on each heat sink for about 3 seconds. Then my hand wants to get off, quickly! Want a great and simple high performance 5 Watt amp? This one is a sure winner. James in Northern, CA
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Update for the fly in the ointment....

Thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback. It's really heartening to see everything shipping (in almost all cases) very smoothly and to get this feedback on the overall quality of the products.

Thanks for the feedback and for making contact Bugz. I've been on extended holidays so please excuse my delay in personally replying to your feedback.

Firstly I'd like to clarify what you or anyone else should expect from us in terms of our responsiveness. We normally have a 24 turnaround on putting things in the post (unless they are out of stock or it's a weekend). This used to be same day, but due to people wanting to change orders after they've submitted them we have now delayed putting things in the post until the morning of the next business day. So if you order any time on a Monday it will be in the post Tuesday. If you order any time Friday, it will be in the post Monday.

Our helpdesk (helpdesk@diyaudio.com or diyAudio | Portal) typically provides a 24 hour turnaround on all support inquiries sent during business hours, sometimes it's 48 hours.

In terms of communication about the order process, you should receive an email:

1. When you order
  2. When the order has been received by our fulfillment center
  3. When the order has been sent to the warehouse
  4. When the item has shipped and what the tracking number is (if any)
  5. If the item has tracking, when it is delivered

I then also send out a followup email 2 weeks later to make sure everything went smoothly and catch any problems and gather constructive feedback. I'm really glad you've spoken up, we're really grateful for your order and and I relish the chance to try and turn these issues into the best problem resolution you've ever experienced.

Firstly the reason why your order was delayed was due to the back panel parts kit being out of stock and following on from that, us failing to deliver on the promise we made on the sales page for that parts kit where we said that for US domestic orders we would send everything else out first, and then send the back panel parts when they came into stock. What happened was that out of courtesy we started emailing anyone who ordered the back panel parts kit to double check with them what their preference would be - to have everything sent at once or to split the order. About 50% of people preferred to wait for everything to be sent at once. Somewhere along the line that manual system fell down, we didn't email you, and your order got held instead of split with no email from us to let you know that was the case.

Our system shows your items have now been delivered which is great, however we're really sorry about the lack of communication and failure to live up to the special offer we made and we're going to make it up to you big time.

In terms of you not receiving notification emails, I'm not sure what to say about that but will work with you on tracking down why you didn't get them. It may be something as simple as a typo in the email address or them getting put into your spam folder. Our records show that all 5 emails (invoice/acceptance/warehouse/shipping & tracking/delivery) were sent to your primary email address.

We didn't receive any emails or messages from you to our helpdesk email address (helpdesk@diyaudio.com) or web support system (diyAudio | Portal), which is why you didn't hear back from our helpdesk. I'll follow up with you privately to find out where your emails were sent and how we can ensure that our helpdesk contact channels are clearly advertised in the future.

Lastly, thanks again for the feedback. We will continually improve our systems as time goes on thanks to your constructive criticism. Please expect an email from me shortly to deal with everything you have raised here and more.

I wanted to provide feedback to the wonderful response from the diyAudio team and Jason, but was not sure if I could write up a detailed response as lengthy as Jason's message above. However, be that may, I want to say that the response from Jason and his colleagues at diyAudio has been absolutely superlative. The parts did arrive (with an email being sent prior to that indicating that they would be arriving), they were superlative quality and I am now starting to assemble the parts together (which is a whole different story;) ). I got frequent emails from Jason and his team inquiring about the status and trying to determine how my order fell through the cracks (I guess it is like the system which is 99% perfect; it is great except for the people who constitute the 1%). Realizing the degree of interest that diyAudio has in making the product work, I am fully confident that they will address any such niggling issues ASAP. Any person buying parts from diyaudio should buy in complete confidence of the ability of the team to deliver the product. My earlier comments, whilst expressing my frustration with the delivery issues (which as I have indicated earlier have been fully resolved), should in no way dissuade the do-it-yourself'er from venturing out and building their own amps and using the components from diyAudio. And Enjoy The Music, since that is what brings us all together!!! :)

Just bought the boards for the Amp Camp, and made a few mistakes on my Mouser order, but it all worked out well. The delivery of the PCBs was much faster than I anticipated and I'm looking forward to working with the store in the future.

The ACA is a great little project and I hope you plan to get the full kits back in stock soon.

Attachments

• DSC00852.JPG
    DSC00852.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00853.JPG
    DSC00853.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 262
Wonderful service

I ordered my first PCB (a BA-3 gain stage actually) and I have to say I'm totally satisfied with the store. The product is beautiful, shipment was fast and expenses were really low. I plan on getting the F4 and PSU boards next, maybe twice if I can get more BA-3s and build a balanced pre + dual F4 bridged monos. You guys got me back to DIY, keep up the good work!

Cristian :hohoho:

Hello Jason
Just got your mail from the store...
I ordered amp camp boards, they came very fast and I appreciate the quality and value of the product.
next will be F5 boards.
The amp is working great, Am using it for headphones.
Thank You.

Attachments

• ACA_cpu.jpg
    ACA_cpu.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 216
  • ACAinternal.jpg
    ACAinternal.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 214
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
They'll arrive at my house in a few days, but we need to have some people test build them to make sure the boards are correct. We certainly can't afford to send lots of replacements out and wouldn't want to sell boards that haven't been tested. So actually they are at least a month off I'd say. We ordered lots of 'em so don't worry about missing out.

Any estimate on when the F5T boards will become available in the store?

Last edited:
Hi Jason, thanks for your email.
After reading through many threads, I ordered a Mezmerize (DCB-1 plus Salas regulator) pcb on 13Dec, received on 15Dec, Brilliant service, Many Thanks to the diyAudio UK stores!
It will be combined with a Lighter Note attenuator from Uriah Dailey. Now getting together the parts and deciding whether to fit it in an old Audio Analogue Bellini case and utilise the existing power supplies, phono connectors, remote, etc or build a brand new case.
I hope to post some photos and notes as work progresses.

Last edited: