General diyAudio store feedback thread

Joined 2011
Paid Member
That is very interesting, what does the resistor have written on it?
10R?
Or 103R?
Or something else?
All of these kits were packed at the same time, so it's hard to imagine being off.....
Verify all other resistor values on the board and let us know.

Thanks

;)
good morning
believe me I was so scared of saying something stupid, I triple checked every measure.
The resistors I have from the kit have 10ROF written on it,and they measure at 10 ohms.
I have some 10K dale resistors I ordered seperately with 10K written on them.
The 10K are the correct ones, right ?
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Pierre-Antoine

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Thanks Henry :)

We're sorry that a percentage of orders will ship up to 2 weeks late but it was due to investing in better logistics for the future, and getting screwed over royally by our former (in transition) logistics partner, Shipwire. While once great (we'd been with them 6 years with great service in the early years), they had become inflexible and expensive with zero international focus after the owners sold it. I won't go into the details, but they are now called "Shipwreck" online for many reasons, and it was time for us to move so we could continue to provide and improve upon the service our customers have grown to expect.

We're very happy to be moving to a smaller, more boutique logistics partner with a much higher level of personalized service. They will much better suit both our needs and those of our customers.

Last edited:
This is a good project. The boards are well laid out and the build guide by 6L6 is informative and prevented many mistakes. The case is sharp looking, too, so the final project looks great.

For me it's been a way to take on an easy electronics project (it's been quite a few years) and get an introduction to class A amplifiers. It's definitely not a lean sounding solid state amplifier.

Elena and Jason at the DIY Store have been exceptionally helpful. They sent out a replacement part, the front power switch, twice. The 1st replacement didn't work so they sent out another one. That's really amazing given these are pretty inexpensive kits. They've provided excellent customer service.

It's a nice amp and a great way to test the waters of DIY audio.

Hi Jason,

I have been trying to get in touch with support regarding order #DAS-7003 for about a week. I have been using the email address on the order and my work email (added contact@diyaudiostore.com to my contacts) with no luck, seems like my messages aren't being received so I figured I'd try here. Tried a PM, but wouldn't send. Here was the original message:

Thank you for sending out part of the order so quickly, PCBs look great! The reason for the email is the chassis portion (2 X mini dispante 2u) of the order as well as the ACA spare parts (2x front and rear panels) have not shipped yet. I just want to make sure that nothing got missed. Do you have an idea when that portion will be sent out?

Jason, thanks for any help you can extend!

Best,

Ed

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Jason,

I have been trying to get in touch with support regarding order #DAS-7003 for about a week. I have been using the email address on the order and my work email (added contact@diyaudiostore.com to my contacts) with no luck, seems like my messages aren't being received so I figured I'd try here. Tried a PM, but wouldn't send. Here was the original message:

Thank you for sending out part of the order so quickly, PCBs look great! The reason for the email is the chassis portion (2 X mini dispante 2u) of the order as well as the ACA spare parts (2x front and rear panels) have not shipped yet. I just want to make sure that nothing got missed. Do you have an idea when that portion will be sent out?

Jason, thanks for any help you can extend!

Best,

Ed

Hi Ed. Sorry about the delay in reply. I just got back from a trip to the US for Burning Amp and Elena who runs our helpdesk has been out for 5 days for a family matter so we've been a bit thin on the ground the last 5 days. I believe your chassis hasn't shipped due to the spare parts not being available, but I'll reply to you via the helpdesk and we can resolve the issue. Sorry to make you chase this up.

Still waiting for my pcb's I bought from the store. Was expecting them ages ago and thought I'd check my emails only to find they got sent only 4 days ago. So is it two weeks for handling? I might not see them before xmas.
Should have just waited for the cyber Monday sales.
A week to ship is fine but two weeks is taking the ****. Sorry...but had to vent. [emoji3]

Joined 2000
Paid Member
For a swift response to any order inquiries please email contact@diyaudiostore.com with your order number. Often people order using different email addresses or identities than their diyAudio forum one, so that's the best way to cut to the heart of the matter.

HatlessChimp, in your case I can see a few orders (thanks!) so I'm not sure which one you might be talking about. We'll send you an email from the helpdesk directly.

I can see one order Nov 19th, and it shipped the same day, you should have the tracking number already. I see another Fri Nov 23rd which shipped Tue 27th, again you should have the tracking. Catch you on email.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Just following up on this here in public as I got a report of the postal carnage caused across the country by BFCM. This was by all impressions the biggest ecommerce event in the history of the US and some carriers (from the report I got, at a minimum DHL) maxed out their logistics capacity. It looks like some other customers may have been affected by this as well, so here is the explanation, as we normally do ship out same day.

Our warehouse is now in MA. During the week of Nov 21st to Nov 27th, DHL's main MA terminal got overloaded, they overflowed packages to NJ, who then overflowed to KY. DHL items don't get appear as tracked until scanned into the distribution hub, and some of them only appeared as tracked after Dec 3rd. I assume this scenario was repeated across the country in various regions.

I've been communicating with HatlessChimp (who is in Australia) over email, and it looks like his order was caught up in that BFCM DHL capacity issue, and his parcel (ordered on Fri 23rd, shipped Tue 27th (our 3PL warehouse doesn't work weekends and like everyone was smashed in the lead up to BFCM with lots of businesses doing pre-BFCM offers), ended up in distribution center in NJ on Dec 1st (luckily not later, in KY). It's now on its way to Australia.

Delay or not, $14 to Australia, 7-12 days, tracked, insured, DHL end-to-end with DHL Direct is an absolute bargain. By comparison USPS would have cost $48.50 for 6-10 days.

I hope this explains the delay. Certainly next year if we had a sale on BFCM (and we probably won't, this was a once off!), we'd be telling people to consider using USPS instead of DHL during the Christmas period if shipping times are important.

Regarding wishing you'd waited for the sale (which was intentionally a surprise flash sale, and completely unannounced, whether that was a good idea or not is up to the jury), you can feel better that if you had, since the products you ordered quickly sold out, you'd probably be waiting until mid-January for them to come back in stock and ship out. So you made a great choice to get them then if you wanted them before Christmas.

Last edited:
Well after being a squeaky wheel the board arrived today!

Just wish to say thanks to Jason and the rest of the crew at the Diyaudiostore and apologize. Looks like there was a number of factors that were out of DHLs control. Anyways all good and look forward to completing the build.

BTW the pcb looks great and bigger in person. Cheers

20181211_213829.jpeg