Scheduled for resolution The diyAudio Store marketplace links are inconsistent

Thank you Jason,

I've posted earlier that I cannot access the Store...every link takes me to this thread! It remains inaccessible.

I am using an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) running on OS 10.11.6 and SAFARI Version 11.1.2 (11605.3.8.1) as a browser.

If I try to access via a link from Google search I get the message that a secure link cannot be found. I also run - as a standby - Opera
Version:82.0.4227.43 (x86_64). with which the above applies!

Any advice please?

EDIT: Just noted that your post above is dated 10-10-12

I just did an interesting experiment, accessing diyAudio from my Android phone. Using the Android Chrome browser, selecting the diyAudio Store from the top Marketplace menu does indeed go to the diyAudio Store. So this behavior seems to be dependent on whether one is accessing the site from a Windows PC or an Android smartphone. I don't use a Mac or iPhone so I can't test from those platforms.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I see the same thing. To reproduce:

Click on the "Marketplace" dropdown arrow and then click on "The diyAudio Store" link. That takes you to the forum page instead of the store itself.
That is completely intended.

Clicking on any marketplace vendor, including the store, takes you to their marketplace area.

I conclude you're looking for a quick link directly to the store, without going via the marketplace area. I'll put that on the todo list. Thanks!
I just did an interesting experiment, accessing diyAudio from my Android phone. Using the Android Chrome browser, selecting the diyAudio Store from the top Marketplace menu does indeed go to the diyAudio Store. So this behavior seems to be dependent on whether one is accessing the site from a Windows PC or an Android smartphone. I don't use a Mac or iPhone so I can't test from those platforms.
Interesting! Ok that's a bug (or perhaps if you wanted to go directly to the store, a feature!). We'll get it consistent.

What we were trying to do is promote the vibe that the forum is independent from the store. The forum doesn't exist to serve the store, the store exists to serve the forum, that we aren't playing favourites, and that the forum's editorial integrity is not diluted by the fact we also operate a store (albeit which generates revenue to support the forum). It looks like we might have missed the mark a little here.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

What we were trying to do is promote the vibe that the forum is independent from the store. The forum doesn't exist to serve the store, the store exists to serve the forum, that we aren't playing favourites, and that the forum's editorial integrity is not diluted by the fact we also operate a store (albeit which generates revenue to support the forum). It looks like we might have missed the mark a little here.
That makes sense. I have a browser bookmark for the store so I don't use the Marketplace link anyway. Thanks for the explanation.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hi brianco, this is how I access the store now:

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 56

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
this is how I access the store
Good eyes! That's very subtle. (I know blue double-underlining links is old-fashioned, but off-blue vs grey is poor usability, and discriminatory.)

While actually looking, the 4 links in Featured Vendors seem to be coded 3 different ways? One with http(s), two without, and one with no visible linkage (not even in status bar) but works (going to Parts Connexion forum, not website as for The diyAudio Store). Ahhh.. any click inside Connexion's "menu-box" is a link. The unexpected linking spooked me.