Chassis Discussion

Thanks Jason for your concise explanation especially on the shipping.

The price you have 1. 2 x Galaxy 1GX247 including their 6% discount for 2: EUR45.87 should be EUR37.60. Add EUR34.00 shipping gives total EUR71.6.

On the invoice EUR56.34 + EUR18.00 shipping gives total EUR74.34 which is a tad more but close enough.

I'm not complaining at all as they do represent good value and was only questioning the RRP variations and shipping costs to USA explains this.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
In this page, there are 2 heatsinks as

250 x 40 x 210 0.19 C/W
300 x 40 x 210 0.18 C/W

However, I couldn't find any chassis that has these 2 as option. Any hint on what I missed?

Thanks!!

The first item is here: 40mm Heatsinks – diyAudio Store

The second item is here: 40mm Heatsinks – diyAudio Store

No chassis configuration we sell currently has those as options, but it can likely be done as a special order. Please contact the store helpdesk for more information at contact@diyaudiostore.com.

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Jason,

Would it be possible to get either the deluxe or dissipante chassis minus the heatsinks? I have a good stock of heatsinks but I'd like to skip the painful process of building a chassis around them. So, if I can marry the heatsinks to the chassis from the store (with pre-drilled back panels, etc.), it would be ideal.

I presume there are L-brackets that come with the chassis and I'd have to drill holes into my heatsinks to mount them to the brackets.

Thanks!

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks zman! That makes sense. I'll go with that. I'm just a little wary of making sure all the parts fit together. It looks like they will. I'll go that route and report back if it works. Meanwhile, if there is an option to just deduct the heatsinks from a full chassis, that would be cool too!

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I'll assume you don't want the front panel with the pre-tapped holes (I doubt that many do, we need to do some research on how many people use that feature!). In that case, you're essentially just after a Dissipante chassis with the Deluxe back panel. Please email contact@diyaudiostore.com from you preferred email address and our helpdesk will work that out for you.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
The helpdesk will get back to you when they can and assist.

If you are ordering separate items, and no chassis, shipping will be calculated from the ground up with no free shipping included. Every chassis includes free shipping to the USA, and that is baked into the price, but if you are ordering just parts, they can't jump on the "free ride" so to speak.

If you're manually ordering a baseplate, brackets, covers, front and back panels, I'm guessing that's about 5kg or so for parts and $40 sounds about in the ballpark (this rate is a heavily discounted FedEx rate, and remember it's typically a 3 day international service with full tracking and insurance).

Joined 2000
Paid Member
How much of the internal height is reduced by the baseplate for the Pesante 5u and Slimline 4u? Also, approx how long for order to arrive? Already submitted to helpdesk about the 4u but needed to ask for both chassis. Thanks!

Please see the attached diagram. It's for a 4U Deluxe (4U 300mm Dissipante), but the same dimensions / principles apply.

When inserted upside down, the base which is ~8mm tall, rests on the heatsink bracket which is ~1.5mm thick. When the base is installed "upside down" like this you get a wider more flat area to work with, and additionally the riser panels allow you to attach the riser panels to the front panel to the baseplate at the same time.

If you install it the "normal" way around to maximize space, the base which is ~1.5mm thick sits on the heatsink bracket which is ~1.5mm thick, so you get a bit more space.

Hope this demonstrates the difference.

How long to arrive depends on where in the world you are. To the US, it's typically 3-5 days, sometimes 2.

Attachments

• Base Upside Down.png
    Base Upside Down.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 400
  • Base Upside Down Zoomed Out.png
    Base Upside Down Zoomed Out.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 386
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I'll need to know exactly which model / line you are referring to so I can answer your question. The main model / line information pages usually have discussion of the model / line "general properties" such as info about what front panel options are available.

Dissipante – diyAudio Store
Slimline – diyAudio Store
Pesante – diyAudio Store

All have this on their model / line page:

The 4mm front panel is 483mm wide and contains all the right holes for it to be rack mounted in a standard 19" rack tower. The 10mm front panel is 450mm wide and provides an attractive finish for use in the home. Both the 4mm and 10mm front panels have pilot holes for mounting milled aluminum handles or plasticized steel handles pre-drilled in the back of them. To fix handles to the front all your need to do is "drill through" the pilot holes.

Some lines don't have this extra info, but it's a good idea for me to add it. I know it's a bit hard to find some of this stuff.