Chassis Discussion

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
sorry if this has been asked before - but is there an option of a black anodized front panel. Given that the rest of the box is black, I would prefer a black front panel.

Bigun, You aren't alone asking about black anodized panels, but so far there doesn't seem to be enough interest. There's always Front Panel Express. ;)

We'll offer a special pre-order for you on the next run (the current next production batch has already finished and is about to start shipping from Italy right now so this pre-order won't be for another 3 months, and delivery for 6 months).

Does anybody know if the 2u chassis handles are compatible with all 2u cases in the Store or is it specific to the thicker frontplates only?

I have asked and all 10mm front panels are compatible with handles.

On Pesante 4mm front panels (we don't stock these) you can use one hole that exists already and must drill one hole yourself.

On slim line 4mm front panels (we don't stock these) you must make two new holes yourself.

The reason for the precision alignment is due to use of CAD software and CNC equipment. It never ceases to amaze me what can be done with this combination.

I think everyone agrees they are really superbly manufactured cases.

Put the perforated baseplate OVER the bottom heatsink bracket -- then everything lines up.

You will need to make a run to the hardware store for nuts/bolts, as the included hardware isn't long enough for the perf base.

+1. Probably just need to loosen some other parts to "square things up" and get everything to properly align. I had that same experience. At first I wondered about the drilling precision, but after I modified my assembly technique it became clear that the case was superbly manufactured.

BK

The next batch (will be shipping in 2-3 months) will have longer screws included so if you mount the perforated base "upside down" you can attach the perforated base properly as well as the feet using the supplied screws.

As mentioned before, contact us to get some free ones sent out to you or you can buy longer ones yourself locally or from the following URLs (to be updated - still waiting on a URL to buy the longer feet screws):

To mount the perforated base upside down: http://www.amazon.com/Machine-Screws-14MM-Pack-100/dp/B009TE4NK6
To mount the feet when you have the base upside down: TBA (Self tapping screw with diameter 3.9mm x 14 mm)

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Is there any ETA on the 2U Pesante (Maximally Vented) chassis being back in stock? Any pre-orders?

Are all items which are out of stock basically 2-3 months lead time?

Finding out about the 2U Pesante Max Vented to see if we can get some added to the next batch (about to go out).

Yes, all Hifi2000 items which are out of stock are around 2-3 months lead time (I'd like to think 2 months since it's about to be put on the ship but history has shown it's always best to be extremely conservative with dates).

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Is there any ETA on the 2U Pesante (Maximally Vented) chassis being back in stock? Any pre-orders?

Are all items which are out of stock basically 2-3 months lead time?

We can't get more of these on the next order, sorry. We'll have some on the next batch (6 months ;). Try ordering directly from Hifi2000 if you really need it before then :)

For the 2U Pesante chassis (standard venting), where are the bottom ventilation holes located?

Ideally I'd like the air to flow into the bottom front and out of the top rear. Will this be possible?

If not, can the bottom chassis cover be turned 180 degrees if need be?

Thanks!

Finding out for you.

Jason, would be really nice to see inside pics of all cases and measurements given in inches as well :)

I'd like that too ;-)

Joined 2000
Paid Member
For the 2U Pesante chassis (standard venting), where are the bottom ventilation holes located?

Ideally I'd like the air to flow into the bottom front and out of the top rear. Will this be possible?

If not, can the bottom chassis cover be turned 180 degrees if need be?

Thanks!

I have confirmed with Hifi2000 that yes the chassis covers can be turned 180 degrees to create a "flow through" airflow if you like. The top and bottom covers have the same vents.

I just received my Standard 4U chassis last night. I've used HiFi200 chassis before for my B1 / Pearl II preamp, so I was not surprised at the quality, which is exemplary.

My question is simple: Since the Standard 4U chassis is not supplied with a base plate, what is everyone using instead? I can order one from Italy, but shipping is a killer, making a $15 part into a $55.00 investment. I see that back in July there was a onetime purchase of the base plate but it won’t be sold separately? I’m surprised since the base plate seems like an essential item.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, and thank you Jason for making a great line of products available to us.

C

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
it is a bit off topic, but maybe someone can advice me something.
I've ordered two top and bottom covers from modushop.biz, they sent me wrong size. It is was their mistake because I have an order conformation and everything is correct in there. I sent them e-mail with this problem and do not get any reply from them (when it is about ordering they are pretty fast with e-mails). Any ideas what my actions should be? Thanks and sorry again for off topic.