Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Chassis Discussion
Chassis Discussion
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th January 2018, 11:27 PM   #501
rabbitz is offline rabbitz  Australia
diyAudio Member

Thanks Jason for your concise explanation especially on the shipping.

The price you have 1. 2 x Galaxy 1GX247 including their 6% discount for 2: EUR45.87 should be EUR37.60. Add EUR34.00 shipping gives total EUR71.6.

On the invoice EUR56.34 + EUR18.00 shipping gives total EUR74.34 which is a tad more but close enough.

I'm not complaining at all as they do represent good value and was only questioning the RRP variations and shipping costs to USA explains this.
Old 25th January 2018, 12:40 AM   #502
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Chassis Discussion
You're right! I've corrected my post with the updated figures. Probably best to let it all stand so other people can learn a bit more about our pricing from our discussion.

Last edited by Jason; 25th January 2018 at 12:53 AM.
Old 29th January 2018, 05:47 PM   #503
pchw is offline pchw  United States
diyAudio Member

Chassis Discussion
Default Which chassis uses these heatsinks?

In this page, there are 2 heatsinks as

250 x 40 x 210 0.19 C/W
300 x 40 x 210 0.18 C/W

However, I couldn't find any chassis that has these 2 as option. Any hint on what I missed?

Thanks!!
Old 31st January 2018, 03:42 AM   #504
diyAudio Administrator

Chassis Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchw View Post
In this page, there are 2 heatsinks as

250 x 40 x 210 0.19 C/W
300 x 40 x 210 0.18 C/W

However, I couldn't find any chassis that has these 2 as option. Any hint on what I missed?

Thanks!!
The first item is here: 40mm Heatsinks – diyAudio Store

The second item is here: 40mm Heatsinks – diyAudio Store

No chassis configuration we sell currently has those as options, but it can likely be done as a special order. Please contact the store helpdesk for more information at contact@diyaudiostore.com.
Old 31st January 2018, 06:03 AM   #505
pchw is offline pchw  United States
diyAudio Member

Chassis Discussion
Thanks, Jason!!
Old 18th February 2018, 12:20 AM   #506
ra7 is offline ra7  United States
diyAudio Member

Chassis Discussion
Hi Jason,

Would it be possible to get either the deluxe or dissipante chassis minus the heatsinks? I have a good stock of heatsinks but I'd like to skip the painful process of building a chassis around them. So, if I can marry the heatsinks to the chassis from the store (with pre-drilled back panels, etc.), it would be ideal.

I presume there are L-brackets that come with the chassis and I'd have to drill holes into my heatsinks to mount them to the brackets.

Thanks!
Old 18th February 2018, 06:08 PM   #508
diyAudio Member

Chassis Discussion
Thanks zman! That makes sense. I'll go with that. I'm just a little wary of making sure all the parts fit together. It looks like they will. I'll go that route and report back if it works. Meanwhile, if there is an option to just deduct the heatsinks from a full chassis, that would be cool too!
Old 19th February 2018, 02:58 AM   #509
diyAudio Administrator

Chassis Discussion
I'll assume you don't want the front panel with the pre-tapped holes (I doubt that many do, we need to do some research on how many people use that feature!). In that case, you're essentially just after a Dissipante chassis with the Deluxe back panel. Please email contact@diyaudiostore.com from you preferred email address and our helpdesk will work that out for you.
Old 24th February 2018, 04:14 AM   #510
diyAudio Member

Chassis Discussion
I decided to go the separate items route. The main chassis page says shipping cost is included in items, but I am being charged almost $40 to ship a baseplate, pair of mounting brackets, AL cover, and front and back panels to WA, USA. I'm wondering if this is accurate. I sent a question to contact@diyaudiostore.com, but got no reply.

Chassis DiscussionHide this!Advertise here!