Chassis Discussion

Hi, I'm looking at buying the Mini Dissipante 3U and I was hoping to get an IEC insert drilled in the back panel, I see that this is offered standard for a couple of the back panels, but I'm not seeing that for this product, is it available? Also is it possible to get just the IEC drilled and none of the other holes? Or is this perhaps a batched process that would make that difficult? Thanks!

Thanks for your message. Yes that's correct, the IEC hole is offered standard only for a couple of products (Pesante and Slim 1U) while all others don't have it available.

It's still possible to have a rear panel for the Mini Dissipante 3U, it just counts as a CNC work between 1 and 10 holes
So in that case I’d need to have a CAD file to give to process the work

If you just need the simple IEC hole we have in all our other chassis no need to do that as I can just create one from scratch, I would just need to know the approximate position of where you would like us to drill it.

If you want you can also have us drill some extra holes since the price would always be the same up to 10 holes. In that case we would need a CAD drawing but if you don't have a CAD program I can suggest you a free and very easy to use one

If you just need the simple IEC hole we have in all our other chassis no need to do that as I can just create one from scratch, I would just need to know the approximate position of where you would like us to drill it.

If you want you can also have us drill some extra holes since the price would always be the same up to 10 holes. In that case we would need a CAD drawing but if you don't have a CAD program I can suggest you a free and very easy to use one
I was using FreeCad which had an issue with importing the .dwg files that were available. So I just entered the dimensions of the panel and made a part from that, and I was going to add the holes I need that way, but if I have issues importing the file, I'm concerned about exporting. If there are issues can you accept other formats?

So I just entered the dimensions of the panel and made a part from that, and I was going to add the holes I need that way, but if I have issues importing the file, I'm concerned about exporting. If there are issues can you accept other formats?

That should work! I think you should be fine with exporting because the file has actually been created in FreeCad and just needs to be exported in either DXF or DWG format. If you already have a file feel free to send it to me through PM and I'll have a look

What they do have to offer is some great CNC work at a reasonable price. However they needs cad drawing to work from. I would for sure use there machine service again👍

Thank you :)

That should work! I think you should be fine with exporting because the file has actually been created in FreeCad and just needs to be exported in either DXF or DWG format. If you already have a file feel free to send it to me through PM and I'll have a look

Thank you :)
I think I've got it ready to go, but I was wondering if you recommend any best practices, such as slightly undersizing/oversizing holes, or minimum edge distance, etc? Maybe it's in this thread somewhere?