Amp Camp Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I purchased PCB's for the ACA back when they were in stock and stuffed the board from the parts list. I just bought two chassis now that they are in stock. Now I'm stuck without all of the connecting parts- standoffs/power button/i/o's - and I was surprised I couldn't find a parts list for those items. Of course I can figure it out 1 by 1 after painful hours on DigiKey, but it would be really nice if we could have a parts list for those items too! Can anyone (DIYAudio) help me out? Thanks! If no, I'll post my complete ACA parts list. I really want to get this thing going this month!

I started to do that but did not finish. I grabbed some comments as I found them and here are the bits and pieces that I found out. Please note that this is incomplete and some of it may be wrong. It may be some help so here it is.

Dayton Audio BPFI-G Fully Insulated Binding Post Pair Gold, parts express has them

Standoffs
855-R30-3000602 Standoffs & Spacers M3 x 6mm HEX 5mm A/F 6mm ML/FML NICKEL
6 mm standoff with 6mm bolt and 3 mm deep socket

M3 hex socket head bolt. Buy these at hardware store, online accugroup, BoltDepot
5mm
10 mm

The RCA/XLR are Neutrink, such as the Neutrik NF2D9 RCA:

Speaker holes seem to be designed for WBT posts:

Power inlet AC scherter 6765

Jim

Last edited:
ACA LSK170A (I got grade A by mistake ) will they work ok ?

I did not know there was a grade diffidence A,B,C,D. for the LSK170 I read about it later, something to do with the mA. and sound. I got the grade A, should I get the grade B or C instead ?.
Im building it on a breadboard to turn in as my class project, also build two linear power supplies. The heatsink I get from my job site they throw away in the power supply boards. The Transformers I use at work for HVAC that will be my source to build power supplies.
I got two extra ACA PCBs to do the MODs on after I build my first I will use then to bi-amp speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    995.9 KB · Views: 460
Power supply - Laptop HP 18.5v 6.5A ? possible?

Hi

I'm thinking of buying the latest Amp Camp Kit V1.6.
Because I live in Portugal (Europe) I have to pay heavy tax import duties, when I buy from the US.
I would like to know I it is ok to use an old HP laptop power supply (specs 18.5v 6.5A) to power the Camp Amp Kit ?

I know the kit comes with a 24v power supply, will it's power be reduced because I am using a 18.5v power supply?

Thanks for any input you can give on this. Regards.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Probably the best place to get a clear answer from the super smart technical gurus would be to ask this question (and any technical question about the ACA), in the ACA thread itself. There's a lot more people watching that thread with the knowledge to answer specific technical questions like this.

Please re-ask this question here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/215392-amp-camp-amp-aca-new-post.html

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Newbie: How to clean after soldering?

Hi everyone

I finally made it! Yeah! My ACA-kit is soldered! This was fun, and I'm very curious to hear if everything was done right...

But now my first dummy-question into this thread:
I followed the instruction up to the moment where the PCB is mounted and the transistors soldered. Then it struck me: Should I have cleaned the PCB first?

Can I still do it, or are the transistors and the potentiometers sensitive to the cleaning-process?

Thanks to all!
mle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.