Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Amp Camp Kit
Amp Camp Kit
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd April 2017, 07:18 PM   #41
JimT is offline JimT  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsacoustics View Post
Hey all,

I purchased PCB's for the ACA back when they were in stock and stuffed the board from the parts list. I just bought two chassis now that they are in stock. Now I'm stuck without all of the connecting parts- standoffs/power button/i/o's - and I was surprised I couldn't find a parts list for those items. Of course I can figure it out 1 by 1 after painful hours on DigiKey, but it would be really nice if we could have a parts list for those items too! Can anyone (DIYAudio) help me out? Thanks! If no, I'll post my complete ACA parts list. I really want to get this thing going this month!
I started to do that but did not finish. I grabbed some comments as I found them and here are the bits and pieces that I found out. Please note that this is incomplete and some of it may be wrong. It may be some help so here it is.

Dayton Audio BPFI-G Fully Insulated Binding Post Pair Gold, parts express has them

Standoffs
855-R30-3000602 Standoffs & Spacers M3 x 6mm HEX 5mm A/F 6mm ML/FML NICKEL
6 mm standoff with 6mm bolt and 3 mm deep socket

M3 hex socket head bolt. Buy these at hardware store, online accugroup, BoltDepot
5mm
10 mm

The RCA/XLR are Neutrink, such as the Neutrik NF2D9 RCA:

Speaker holes seem to be designed for WBT posts:

Power inlet AC scherter 6765

Jim

Last edited by JimT; 3rd April 2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: fixed wording
Old 8th February 2018, 07:28 AM   #42
ThermalAlchemy is offline ThermalAlchemy  United States
diyAudio Member

Default just purchased ACA PCB . looking for BOM ?

I dont know if this is the right place to ask this question. This is my first Pass Labs amp to build.
1: Looking for the BOM
2: for power can I use ( Universal PSU V3.0 ) I see in the DIY Audio store or is this too much ?.
Old 8th February 2018, 02:10 PM   #43
coolnose is offline coolnose  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermalAlchemy View Post
I dont know if this is the right place to ask this question. This is my first Pass Labs amp to build.
1: Looking for the BOM
2: for power can I use ( Universal PSU V3.0 ) I see in the DIY Audio store or is this too much ?.
I'd read this, it should answer all your questions

ACA illustrated build guide
Old 25th February 2018, 06:17 AM   #44
ThermalAlchemy is offline ThermalAlchemy  United States
diyAudio Member

Default ACA LSK170A (I got grade A by mistake ) will they work ok ?

I did not know there was a grade diffidence A,B,C,D. for the LSK170 I read about it later, something to do with the mA. and sound. I got the grade A, should I get the grade B or C instead ?.
Im building it on a breadboard to turn in as my class project, also build two linear power supplies. The heatsink I get from my job site they throw away in the power supply boards. The Transformers I use at work for HVAC that will be my source to build power supplies.
I got two extra ACA PCBs to do the MODs on after I build my first I will use then to bi-amp speakers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0229.jpg (995.9 KB, 171 views)
Old 10th May 2018, 10:57 AM   #45
massano is offline massano  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Default Power supply - Laptop HP 18.5v 6.5A ? possible?

Hi

I'm thinking of buying the latest Amp Camp Kit V1.6.
Because I live in Portugal (Europe) I have to pay heavy tax import duties, when I buy from the US.
I would like to know I it is ok to use an old HP laptop power supply (specs 18.5v 6.5A) to power the Camp Amp Kit ?

I know the kit comes with a 24v power supply, will it's power be reduced because I am using a 18.5v power supply?

Thanks for any input you can give on this. Regards.
Old 11th May 2018, 04:46 AM   #46
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Amp Camp Kit
Probably the best place to get a clear answer from the super smart technical gurus would be to ask this question (and any technical question about the ACA), in the ACA thread itself. There's a lot more people watching that thread with the knowledge to answer specific technical questions like this.

Please re-ask this question here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-...-new-post.html

Amp Camp KitHide this!Advertise here!