Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Amp Camp Kit
Amp Camp Kit
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd July 2014, 07:58 AM   #21
lhgin is offline lhgin  Malaysia
Banned

Hi guys,

Do you know when the next batch of kits will be available again?

Thanks!
Old 12th September 2014, 01:05 AM   #22
Jeffs is offline Jeffs  United States
diyAudio Member

Amp Camp Kit
Default amp camp when - store update thread says back in stock

Any update on when the amp camp kits will be available? (I don't need a chassis)
I noticed an update stating the parts were back in stock a couple of weeks ago - but I know I was looking for parts around that time.
Is there a variation on the design with the difficult to obtain part substituted with something obtainable?
I was going to jump into something more difficult, but need a project to learn on.
Thanks!
Old 9th November 2014, 06:05 PM   #23
shersch is offline shersch  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm apparently a year late to the party; will these kits be available again in the future?
Old 9th November 2014, 08:37 PM   #24
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

I still have about 45 PCBs remaining from my European AmpCamp project. Anybody interested for an instant group buy?

Jan
Old 25th November 2014, 07:20 PM   #25
JohnGeneva is offline JohnGeneva  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Just finished this little Amp for a friend of mine, it sounds real nice and was a worthwhile project. A great starting place for anyone.
Old 12th January 2015, 12:39 AM   #26
GregBaker is offline GregBaker  United States
diyAudio Member

I am new to electronics so I am unable to get a voltage reading when connecting to my AmpCampAmp. Any suggestions?
Old 3rd February 2015, 06:29 PM   #27
slogger is offline slogger  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Sound too bright, RIAA style EQ for digital sources?

I just finished building the ACAs and started playing with them. I hooked them up to a O-scope and they seem to have a very flat clean gain using sine waves at various frequencies. I hooked them up to a Denon CD player with a variable out put and used a pair of old Celestion 5 book shelf speakers. They are good for low priced speakers. I noticed a very clean detailed sound for the mids and highs but in general the bass was buried for most of the older music recorded for vinyl re-released on CD.

I remembered that I came to the conclusion many years that most of the reason that vinyl sounds better had to do with equalization more than digital vs analog. I think that when they transferred the old tapes recorded under RIAA guidelines to CD they didn't always do a good job of properly equalizing the recordings for CD. In the past I have always just compensated turning up the bass and lowering the treble. This is my first go at by passing tone controls and going source direct to amplifier. I will build a B1 buffer preamp but I have a feeling I will still have the same problem.

I'm not a super finicky audio file but I am getting frustrated that most stuff just sounds wrong to me. I'm just building this for fun to listen to at my work shop.

I was wondering if there are any nice little tone control circuits that I could build discrete components or one that would even just roll of the treble in a nice way. Or perhaps there is something that would mimic a phono RIAA preamp EQ but for a line level input. I could then switch between source direct and EQ with a switch.

Any thoughts on these issues would be appreciated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_equalization

Thanks

Steve
Oakland, CA
Old 16th February 2015, 08:00 PM   #28
eventhorizon is offline eventhorizon  United States
diyAudio Member

Any update on these and whether or not the "bump" issue upon start-up has been addressed either here or elsewhere as indicated in the Mark Audio forums. Thanks!
Old 4th March 2015, 02:42 AM   #29
jdubs is offline jdubs  United States
diyAudio Member

Guys, I bought a "kit" from someone and the enclosures separately (diyAudio Store). Does anyone have the parts list for the stuff required to build these amps in the diyAudio Store enclosures?

I need:

-Part number of the power switch
-Part number of the dc jack
-Part number of the brass standoffs
-Part number of the RCA jacks
-Part number of the speakers jacks
-What size are the washers and screws used? Part numbers would be awesome
-Part number of the Keratherm insulators

Thanks guys!!

-Jim
Old 4th March 2015, 08:12 AM   #30
knutn is offline knutn  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger View Post

I was wondering if there are any nice little tone control circuits that I could build discrete components or one that would even just roll of the treble in a nice way. Or perhaps there is something that would mimic a phono RIAA preamp EQ but for a line level input. I could then switch between source direct and EQ with a switch.

Steve
Oakland, CA
My first thought was to use a couple of resistors and a capacitor as shown. the size of the resistors and capacitor determine the tonal balance, and that is up to your taste. If you are using a potentiometer instead, you may find a setting that suite you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eq.jpg (114.8 KB, 243 views)

Amp Camp KitHide this!Advertise here!