Speaker Turn On Delay and DC Protector Board Set (V2)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are considering a second run of the 'Soft Start' pcb, could you include a simple DC Trap, as any dc component is 'bad news' (for torroids especially) and is now common in all of our main supplies - just requires a couple of caps and diodes directly in line with the active mains line that's already on the board - plus, while the mains is so readily available, perhaps add a simple 'Line filter' to complete the set.

Use of DC Supply instead of AC

Hello,

If I want to use DC voltage :
- I don't need C6 and I can use a strap instead of D6,
- I must use K1-1 as the positiv and K2 for ground

Is that right ?

I have 12volts relays, what range of DC voltage can I use ?
How much current do I need ?

Thank You for your response.

Eric

Hello,

If I want to use DC voltage :
- I don't need C6 and I can use a strap instead of D6,
- I must use K1-1 as the positiv and K2 for ground

Is that right ?

I have 12volts relays, what range of DC voltage can I use ?
How much current do I need ?

Thank You for your response.

Eric

If you have available 12V to 15V DC then you don't need D6 and C6, but be mindful of the polarity when you do. Make sure the positive goes to the line going to D6 position. 500mA to 750mA should be more than enough.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I must use K1-1 as the positiv and K2 for ground"

I just tested the circuit, relays are working good, I tested it according to the instructions.
One thing, though, the LED that is supposed to blink and then go ON, is constantly ON. Any thoughts why would that be?
Transistors I'm using are 2N5232 and MPSA06. All other parts are according to the BOM.
Ah yes the LED I'm talking about is PURPLE!!!:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.