Speaker Turn On Delay and DC Protector Board Set (V2)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I'm putting my Mouser order together for the Speaker Protector and Softstart boards and I could use some recommendations. Can anyone point me to Mouser items for the Euroblock, Faston terminals, standoffs, and LEDs?

Also, how about a set of gold plated speaker binding posts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
So, I desoldered the flip flop section and resoldered it and it's fine now. I'm thinking, maybe I'll change the caps to make the blinking less frequent.

I played with it a little, and noticed that when I plugged to the speaker connection a 9v battery the relays went off.So a question popped in my head. What's the mininum dc that makes the relays go off? I tested with 1,5v but nothing happened.With 3v it was going on/off constantly.
How could we bring the sensitivity down to 1-1,5v?Or is it too low you think?

Glad the blinker is now "blinking"... ;D

It was meant like that to eliminate any false tripping of the relays. If you are worried about DC offsets reaching 1V to 1.5V and you want to deactivate the relay, the two 27K resistors can be reduced to about 15K. Be warned though that I cannot guarantee any false tripping especially when playing loud levels so I suggest that you leave that be.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.