• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Free Transformer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did you buy that or do you just have the pic? I have a huge industrial power supply that I know nothing about. It is made by a company called lumax (whatever). No one would want to pay for the shipping, but I am often in the Milton-Burlington area if anyone is close. I will post pics tomarrow

Geez you guys, the guy is offering a free trafo take it or leave it!:rolleyes: It looks to be a ~500VA by the way.

Peter,
that is definitely too big to be a 1500VA. Over a half of that is for shielding and potting. I bet you are never going to have a problem with stray EM's from that bad boy. The shield-less 1500 VA they are selling in the surplus area has a form factor which is very different from that and it's about 8.5 in diam. x 3.5 height.

I just checked the code of this transformer: 7395-B2-00.

It is Low Noise Power Transformer for Solid State Amplifiers

1500VA Load Regulation Noise* NC Inrush** No Load Inrush**Full Load
4.5% 10 (db/1m) 8.5 A pk maximum 21.1 A pk maximum
Part Number Quad Output Dual Centertap Hi Current Single Centertap Hi Voltage Single Centertap
VAC (X4) A (X4) VAC (X2) A (X2) VAC A VAC A
7395-B2-00 30 12.5 60 CT 12.5 60 CT 25 120 CT 12.5
7396-B2-00 45 8.33 90 CT 8.33 90 CT 16.66 180 CT 8.33

The rep didn't lie. The price is $597.56 CAD and it weighs 25kg.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.