Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th April 2007, 02:24 PM   #1
jlsem is offline jlsem  United States
diyAudio Member

Default How to Build Speaker Enclosures

I have four copies of this book by Badmaieff and Davis. If you are not familiar with this book it has working drawings of a bunch of classic speaker designs by Jenson, JBL, Altec, Klipsch, etc. There is also a wealth of information on speaker design. It is available on Amazon and eBay for anywhere from $23 (in poor condition) to $56. The price here for forum members is only $15 plus shipping. All are in good to very good condition. Three have cover as shown and one has '70s Teledyne cover.

Thanks,
John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc01115.jpg (54.9 KB, 399 views)
Old 11th April 2007, 02:30 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

You have mail
Old 11th April 2007, 02:51 PM   #3
diyAudio Moderator

John, please don't cross post. I have deleted your other threads
Old 11th April 2007, 09:20 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
John, please don't cross post. I have deleted your other threads
I am unable to find anywhere in the forum rules that prohibits "cross-posting". Perhaps you could point me in the right direction?

John
Old 11th April 2007, 09:56 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi John,

It's probably not a written rule - at least, I couldn't find it. But, at a guess, as you're selling something (in this case), it should be in the Trading Post and not anywhere else.

That's a pretty good price for these, I'd go for one if I didn't already have it. You must have found some buried treasure!
Old 12th April 2007, 12:57 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
That's a pretty good price for these, I'd go for one if I didn't already have it. You must have found some buried treasure!
Actually, I've had these for some time now and am offering them to forum members at a fairly discounted price. Since most people don't always read the Trading Post forum, I think it is reasonable to alert those who subscribe to the pertinent forum to what is available. Otherwise good deals may end up going to resellers who only scour the selling forums.

John
Old 12th April 2007, 01:12 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I kind of agree with you, but I can see the point of keeping the other forums on-topic. So I'll sit on the fence on this (or take the 5th). And, of course, I look in my areas of interest as well as the Trading Post - and even then I miss out .
Old 12th April 2007, 01:28 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I kind of agree with you, but I can see the point of keeping the other forums on-topic.
Well, the availability of a desireable book about building speaker enclosures is rather on topic in a speaker building forum. I have "cross-posted" before for things that I had for sale relating to a forum and got no trouble from the moderator. I believe that in this case Pinkmouse is being something of a priss. I probably shouldn't have said that, but I have found his deletion of some of my posts to be unreasonable.

John
Old 11th June 2010, 03:07 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsem View Post
I have four copies of this book by Badmaieff and Davis. If you are not familiar with this book it has working drawings of a bunch of classic speaker designs by Jenson, JBL, Altec, Klipsch, etc. There is also a wealth of information on speaker design. It is available on Amazon and eBay for anywhere from $23 (in poor condition) to $56. The price here for forum members is only $15 plus shipping. All are in good to very good condition. Three have cover as shown and one has '70s Teledyne cover.

Thanks,
John
I have three more of these left at $7 each.

John
Old 11th June 2010, 04:01 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Ill take one

How much to CA 95386?

Hide this!Advertise here!