WANTED : Laser pick-up KSS 272 A - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th March 2008, 04:17 PM   #21
dowser is offline dowser  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

I couldn't find a KSS-272A anywhere either. Ended up buying a lower spec Sony on eBay for 90 that used the same laser (505ES from memory) and then transplanted it into my CDP-X707ES. Not an easy job (only the lasers are the same from lesser models, spin motors different), but I now have a non-skipping 707 again.

I'll be selling it soon - but not sure what it is worth nowadays? Guess it depends on finding someone interested in Sony's battleship engineered players!

Richard
Old 29th August 2009, 02:43 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eledora View Post
Like the laser pickup KSS-190A, KSS-270A, KSS-271A, KSS-272A, KSS-273A/B, KSS-280A, KSS-281A...and the CDM1 pro, mk2, and other early CDM series of laser is hard to find now, since it is out of production for a long while.
if you are a professional DIY, you can try to change the laser tube in it, may be it can be help you
Very interesting. You write "laser tube". I think, you mean the 780 Nm laser diode.
For this you need one follow type from Sony:
1) SLD104U
2) SLD104AU
3) SLD104BUL
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...y/a6802787.pdf
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data...LD104BUL.shtml

Do you know an ordering address for this types or successors?

Unfortunately at SONY's presently laser diode webaddress
http://www.sony-shiroishi.co.jp/product/index.html
there are to see only 650 Nm DVD laser diodes

on my on webaddress you can find a listing of all KSS optical pick up's from SONY's "ESPRIT" (X/XA) series. Please click "CDP SERVIVE"

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 29th August 2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 1st January 2010, 02:05 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesperkim View Post
For all you guys with skipping problems. Try ajusting the FCS knob in the right side print - ajust it a bit backwards. Give it a little "contact spray" before doing this, and you might be lucky as I was just 1 hour ago... Picked up a X555ES player from the local flea market, and it was skipping - but not anymore :-))

Cheers
He is talking about the focus pot just right of the transport when looking from the front. There are 2 pot actually. One is focus and the other is track. DO NOT TOUCH THE TRACK. And yes he does mean counter clockwise. The focus will fix 99% of the problems. CD's and DVD's for that matter move slower the deeper they get into the play list so by adjusting the focus you might solve all of your problems but on some CD's with long play lists as the CD slows the problem may come back up. It is a fine line and when or if that problem does occur you can readjust further counter clockwise but not to much. I to have a 555es and have fixed it that way. Also sometimes CD skips are caused by the clock and not the laser.
Old 24th January 2010, 02:53 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Default Thread Overview and Gallery arround KSS Series from Sony

in this case this thread could be of interest (include a little gallery and some schematic samples):
All Diyaudio Threads about not available Optical Pickup's from Sony's KSS-Series
Old 10th June 2012, 11:47 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eledora View Post
Like the laser pickup KSS-190A, KSS-270A, KSS-271A, KSS-272A, KSS-273A/B, KSS-280A, KSS-281A...and the CDM1 pro, mk2, and other early CDM series of laser is hard to find now, since it is out of production for a long while.
if you are a professional DIY, you can try to change the laser tube in it, may be it can be help you
Are there any news in this case?
Old 20th July 2013, 09:18 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiefbassuebertr View Post
Are there any news in this case?
I too would like to know . . .

Cheers
Old 19th December 2013, 01:36 PM   #27
opteron is offline opteron  Poland
diyAudio Member

KSS271 and 272 are compatible?