• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WANTED : Laser pick-up KSS 272 A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I couldn't find a KSS-272A anywhere either. Ended up buying a lower spec Sony on eBay for €90 that used the same laser (505ES from memory) and then transplanted it into my CDP-X707ES. Not an easy job (only the lasers are the same from lesser models, spin motors different), but I now have a non-skipping 707 again.

I'll be selling it soon - but not sure what it is worth nowadays? Guess it depends on finding someone interested in Sony's battleship engineered players!

Richard

Like the laser pickup KSS-190A, KSS-270A, KSS-271A, KSS-272A, KSS-273A/B, KSS-280A, KSS-281A...and the CDM1 pro, mk2, and other early CDM series of laser is hard to find now, since it is out of production for a long while.
if you are a professional DIY, you can try to change the laser tube in it, may be it can be help you

Very interesting. You write "laser tube". I think, you mean the 780 Nm laser diode.
For this you need one follow type from Sony:
1) SLD104U
2) SLD104AU
3) SLD104BUL
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/sony/a6802787.pdf
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/S/L/D/1/SLD104BUL.shtml

Do you know an ordering address for this types or successors?

Unfortunately at SONY's presently laser diode webaddress
http://www.sony-shiroishi.co.jp/product/index.html
there are to see only 650 Nm DVD laser diodes

on my on webaddress you can find a listing of all KSS optical pick up's from SONY's "ESPRIT" (X/XA) series. Please click "CDP SERVIVE"

Last edited:
For all you guys with skipping problems. Try ajusting the FCS knob in the right side print - ajust it a bit backwards. Give it a little "contact spray" before doing this, and you might be lucky as I was just 1 hour ago... Picked up a X555ES player from the local flea market, and it was skipping - but not anymore :))

Cheers

He is talking about the focus pot just right of the transport when looking from the front. There are 2 pot actually. One is focus and the other is track. DO NOT TOUCH THE TRACK. And yes he does mean counter clockwise. The focus will fix 99% of the problems. CD's and DVD's for that matter move slower the deeper they get into the play list so by adjusting the focus you might solve all of your problems but on some CD's with long play lists as the CD slows the problem may come back up. It is a fine line and when or if that problem does occur you can readjust further counter clockwise but not to much. I to have a 555es and have fixed it that way. Also sometimes CD skips are caused by the clock and not the laser.

Like the laser pickup KSS-190A, KSS-270A, KSS-271A, KSS-272A, KSS-273A/B, KSS-280A, KSS-281A...and the CDM1 pro, mk2, and other early CDM series of laser is hard to find now, since it is out of production for a long while.
if you are a professional DIY, you can try to change the laser tube in it, may be it can be help you
Are there any news in this case?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.